Chapter 9:Out Of The Hospital

Cole woke up in the waiting room the next morning,already seeing Jay and Nya at the front desk,making sure Kai was okay enough to get out of the hospital. Cole than slowly began to open his eyes to then see Lloyd and Zane sitting next to him. Jay and Nya sat in the next two chairs on the opposite side of where Lloyd and Zane were.

"Y'all are here early." Cole said as he yawned.

"You woke up late,it's already almost gunna be noon soon." Jay said back as him and Nya sat next to me. Cole than saw Nya holding something red,he than realized it was Kai's jacket. Cole than asked "why do you have Kai's jacket?" Nya than looked at Cole "I thought Kai would want to wear it once he gets out of the hospital." Nya said as she looked at the jacket and tears began to fill her eyes. Jay put his hand on Nya's shoulder to comfort her "Nya,we're all worried about Kai,but he's going to be okay now," Nya than stopped crying and wiped away her tears.

As Jay was rubbing Nya's back he turned to face Cole "from how me and Nya herd,they need to do one more check-up and than they'll double check if Kai's good enough to come out."

Lloyd than said back "I just hope he's able to walk out of here. Even with his legs and the way they are,especially with his broken leg...."

"I'm sure he'll do fine.......I hope."
Cole responded back

The ninja all looked down at the floor.
They were all worried.

1 hour later
A nurse and Kai came walking into the waiting room,but Kai was only walking on one leg the other one he held up.
Even with his friends still worried,he smiled small as he stumbled,trying to stay up. He almost fell but Cole caught him by holding his arm "Mr.Smith,I still don't know why you're refusing to take a wheelchair." The nurse said as all the ninja looked at then at Kai.
"Kai maybe she's right,you should-" Zane said but he interrupted by Kai
"I am not going to be going around the bounty in a wheelchair! The bandages are already bad enough." Kai whined,than the nurse spoke "well,at least take crutches."

"Ya Kai,if you take crutches it will help you walk better." Lloyd said as he walked closer to Kai. Kai nodded and the nurse went to the back to get the crunches. At that time Nya gave Kai his jacket,and Kai put it on

When Kai finished putting on his jacket he than looked down at the floor. Not smiling anymore.

He than lifted up his head to face his friends "h-how long will my leg be like this?" Kai said as he was worried. Cole than rubbed the back of his head and responded back "it's-it's gunna take 2 months." Cole shakily said.

Kai sighed as a tear fell from his eye "so I-I can't walk for 2 months?" Kai asked as a few more tears started to fall from his eyes. Cole put his hand on Kai's shoulder "Kai,I'm so sorry." Kai than wiped away his tears. Trying to stay strong.

The nurse than came with Kai's crutches and handed them to Kai.

Kai than took them,it took him a minute to get used to it and once he did he was ready to leave the hospital. Before they left the nurse handed Cole some stuff "once y'all get Kai back home you'll need these." The nurse said as she handed Cole a roll of bandages and ointment "Kai's bandages need to be changed every two days and the ointment is to put on the burn marks instead of using ice packs." Cole nodded and thanked her as he walked out with Kai and the rest of his friends.