Chapter 24: Nightmare

A few weeks later,Kai was out of the hospital and back a the bounty.

Kai was in his bedroom sleeping,but what no one could tell he was whimpering and crying softly

Kai's POV
I woke up. Seeing darkness around me. I wanted to get up,but I felt my arms and ankles strapped down.

"No!" I struggled harder "No,no,no,no,no,no,no!" I repeated and struggled even harder. I looked around to find him.

Morro........

He was right next to me. Glaring and smirking. I gulped.
"There's no escape from me hothead! I'll always find you!-"

"Kai?"

"You should know that by now." I saw him walk in front of me. Their was a table,with a cloth over it.

"Kai!"

He removed the cloth to reveal tools. Like knives,razor blades,and large bag full of syringes.

"Kai! Wake up!"

I gulped. He grabbed one of the very sharp knives,and stood over my chest. I already started crying,but Morro didn't care. He looked at me.
"Goodnight forever,Kai!" I could only whimper in response.

The knife flew up. Came rushing down and-

"KAI! WAKE UP!!!"
Cole shouted.

Kai shot awake. Taking huge breaths.
His face was soaked with wet hot tears.

Cole was shaking him. He wanted to check on Kai before going to train,but instead of him finding a peaceful red ninja sleeping,he saw him crying in his sleep,sobbing softly,and whimpering. Cole got worried and woke him up to stop Kai from seeing his fear.

Kai looked at Cole,a few tears still rolling down his face. Cole pulled him into a tight hug. Kai hugged the earth ninja back tightly and sobbed into his shoulder. Cole rubbed his sobbing friends back. Kai pulled away a little bit but than continued sobbing and buried his face into Cole's chest. Cole rested his head on Kai's and continued to rub his friends back,now slowly rubbing his messy hair.

"Another nightmare?" Asked Cole. Kai nodded "Ye-*sobbing* Yeah." Kai responded and started sobbing uncontrollably into Cole's chest.
Cole frowned and held him tighter "Ssssshhhhhhh." He said softly. Trying to calm his friend down. He kept saying it repeatedly,Kai's sobs became quieter and quieter until he stopped.

Cole smiled a bit. He pulled away and and kissed Kai's forehead. Kai smiled.
"You're going to be ok,Kai. I promise I'll protect you." Kai smiled more.

Cole pulled away and wiped Kai's tears away "Please,don't cry. I hate to see you like this." Kai lightly hugged Cole around his neck "I know." Kai smiled and hugged back.

"I love you." Kai whispered.
"I love you too." Cole responded.

Cole than got up from where he was sitting "I have to go train now." Kai frowned.

Before Cole left,Kai grabbed his arm
"W-wait!" Kai said,Cole turned around and looked at Kai.
Kai blushed and than let go of Cole's arm. Not exactly knowing what to say "N-never mind,if you have to train it's fine." He looked down as he held Cole's hand.

Cole frowned seeing his lover upset. He looked at the door and back at Kai.

He smiled and sat next to his boyfriend. Kai looked at him and blushed a bit as Cole held his hand
"I'm sure the others won't mind if I skip training. They'll understand." Cole said and kissed Kai's nose.

Kai laughed a bit and snuggled into Cole's chest. Cole smiled and wrapped his arms around Kai.
Kai smiled more and hugged Cole tightly.

Kai slowly closed his eyes and yawned a bit. Cole noticed and smiled.
He rested his chin on Kai's head and played with his hair.
Kai fell asleep and hugged Cole tighter.

"Sleep tight,Kai." Cole started "I'll fight your demon in your nightmares,I'll help you through your pain,I'll be there for you when you're down,I'll love you no matter what."

Kai smiled in his sleep. Cole smiled and slowly closed his eyes. Starting to fall asleep with his boyfriend in his arms.

The bounty,a few hours later.
Lloyd and Jay came stomping to Kai's room. Cole said he was going to check on Kai before training,and he never came!

They got a little frustrated,thinking Cole just skipped training. Jay and Lloyd went to see what the problem was.

"Mr.Leader better have a good reason to skip!" Said Jay in a annoyed voice. He opened the door "Cause I swear! If he just skipped training! I'm gunna-" Jay was interrupted by Lloyd covering his mouth. Jay looked at Lloyd frustrated but Lloyd wasn't looking at him. He was looking ahead of him.

Jay removed Lloyd's hand "What was that for?!-" Jay then stayed quite as they saw Kai sleeping peacefully on Cole's chest and Cole holding him tightly with both arms.

They slowly walked out before Cole could notice them there.

"That was a good reason why." Jay said as Lloyd closed the door quietly closed the door.