Chapter 14: Dance with me

The next day. 9:45 PM
Kai and Cole were home alone once again.

Cole stood in the doorway as he watched Kai sleep peacefully.
He walked over to him and kneeled down,stroked Kai's messy,spiky hair. Removed the spikes that were covering Kai's forehead and lightly kissed Kai's forehead. Kai curved a smile on his face.

Cole stood up and walked out the door. As Cole walked down the hallway,each step he took he felt more and more rage grow inside him. He'd never forget or forgive Morro for what he did. He brought too much pain to Kai. Thanks to Morro,he felt like nothing would seem the same again. Being short-temper was Kai's thing,but Cole couldn't help it.
"That son of a gun will pay for everything he did!" Cole said to himself,clutching his fist tight.

"*sigh* I need some fresh air." Cole stepped out the hallway and out into the deck of the bounty in the night.

Cole looked up at the stars as if they were the only way home. He looked back down and looked at the dark grass. Everything haunted Cole. Would Kai be ok? Would Morro come back? Will he be able to protect Kai?........Would he be able to tell Kai how he felt?
"Wait!.......do I like Kai?" Cole questioned himself.
Cole thought for a moment.

After everything we went through,I saved Kai's life,Kai and I wouldn't separate (or I wouldn't leave him),I always offered to watch over Kai. I.....I do like him.
But does he like me back? I don't want to ruin our friendship,but I want to tell him somehow before I go crazy or insane.

"Cole?" Cole startled to hear Kai's voice. Causing him to snap out of his thoughts.
Cole turned around to see Kai standing with his crutches in the doorway,rubbing his eye.

"Oh....Hey,Kai......did I wake you up?" Cole questioned,his cheeks turning pink and rubbing the back of his head. Not knowing what to say.
"No. I just woke up,and I was wondering where you were." Kai said coming closer to Cole. Kai stood next to Cole and both looked up at the sky,full with thousands of stars and the bright moon shining with them.
"Beautiful night,isn't it?" Kai said.

Keep it cool,Cole. You don't want to make Kai uncomfortable. Or don't go insane.
Just know when the moment is right.

"Yeah,it is." By now Cole couldn't help,but at least wrap his arm around Kai's shoulder. Kai was silent for a moment.

Oh no. He must think I'm weird now.

Kai scooted closer to the earth ninja and Cole sighed in relief. Kai wondered why,but in only a few seconds,didn't find much of it.

Ok Cole,now's the time.

Cole then pulled out his iPhone and searched on YouTube. Kai tried to peak at what Cole was finding,but Cole pulled his iPhone away before Kai could see.
"No peaking!" Cole teased.
Kai only chuckled "Ok,ok,"

Cole searched up romantic Saxophone music and played the video.
Cole let go of Kai,but Kai stood still with his crutches. Cole stood in front of the red ninja,with him holding out his hand.
Kai chuckled more "what are you doing?" Cole only smiled.
"Dance with me."
Kai looked shocked,but looked down at the floor
"I.....I don't know how to dance." Kai felt someone touch his hand and his cheeks turned bright pink. He looked up to see Cole closer,holding his hand
"I'll teach you." Cole pulled Kai in,causing him to drop his crutches.

Cole twirled Kai around and forced him back into his place,Kai bending back and his hand over his hip and on his back.
Kai's cheeks turned brighter.
"Wow!" Kai said as Cole twirled him again and both arms stretched out like they were a bridge,still holding hands.

Cole twirled Kai back over to him and held him closely and tightly.
They both then danced as if they were in Cinderella.

Suddenly,Kai tripped on Cole's foot. Almost causing him to fall,but Cole noticed and again curved his arm around Kai's waist holding his back,and his other hand holds Kai's.
Kai held one hand on Cole's shoulder and the other holding his hand.

Both of them blushed,but as they both did Cole smirked.
"Are you blushing?" Cole asked,teasing the fire ninja.
"Hey,you are too!" Kai responded,but Cole laughed at Kai's cute anger.

Cole helped Kai back up straight and Kai rubbed the back of his hand.
"Thanks for dancing. I had fun,but it was a bit difficult with my leg like this." Kai said as he shook his leg. He frowned and felt tears began to fill his eyes,he almost cried,but Cole lifted up his chin and wiped them away before they could completely fall
"Hey,don't let one thing ruin the fun." Cole said with a smile.
Kai smiled back.
"Well,should we go back inside? In that case,do you mind if you grab my crutches?" Instead if Cole getting them,he smirked.
"I have a better idea." Kai raised his eyebrow,before he said anything Cole picked him up and Kai wrapped one arm around Cole neck to hang on better to prevent him from falling.

Kai looked straight into Cole's chocolate brown eyes,he blushed more when he made the tiger sound when he does the Triple Tiger Sashay.
"I'm not done with you yet!" Cole forced Kai's head closer to him and Kai laughed as he felt Cole's lips tickle and kiss his neck.

"Cole! *laughing* stop that!" Kai said between his laughter,it was only a few seconds before Cole stopped.
"I would have continued,but you told me to stop. But just saying," Cole said "you're cute when you laugh." Kai playfully punched Cole's arm.
"Hey,don't forget who's holding you." Kai didn't respond,but yawned,snuggled into Cole's chest,and slowly began to close his eyes.

Cole lowered his head and kissed Kai's head.
"I'm taking you to bed."
Cole held Kai tightly and carried his hotheaded lover into the bounty.

Sorry I haven't been updating in FOREVER,but I'm going through depression again so that's why.
But hoped you enjoyed.