Chapter 20: Rage and Tears

As Cole made it back to the bounty,he saw the same,but worse reactions to when he first found Kai.

Cole rushed into the bedroom and gently placed Kai onto the bed as tears were streaming down his face.

He didn't have to say it,but he could hear and feel the bounty moving.
Knowing it was going as fast as it could.

Cole stared at Kai's bloody,scratched,cut up body. As more and more tears were falling down his cheeks.

"Cole,next time,don't trap your team to do a mission on your own."
Cole herd a voice behind him.
It was obviously Jay to hear his annoying voice at the doorway.
Cole would have yelled at Jay,but seeing Kai's body made him too weak to yell.

"Jay,please! I'm not in the mood for any of your sarcasm or jokes."
Cole said in a sadden,low voice.
Battling to not let anymore tears fall.
So far,Cole was losing that battle.

Jay frowned. He slowly approached Cole and sat next to him.
"Cole,you feeling ok?" Jay asked in a soft voice,putting a hand on Cole's shoulder.

Cole then snapped.....

"Ok?" Cole pushed Jay's hand off his shoulder "You really think I'm ok?!" Cole looked at Jay with death glare "ARE YOU SEEING KAI'S BODY RIGHT NOW!?" Cole shouted. Jay flinched at Cole snapping at him. He would hardly snapped at all.
"Y-Yes....." Jay said. Almost too scared to say anything. Cole hadn't gotten Jay this scared since he was hypnotized by the snakes "THEN WHY WOULD YOU THINK I'M OK!?" Jay then had enough. He stood from where he was sitting and glared at Cole back "Well I thought I would be nice and ask!" Jay snapped back. Cole stood from his seat too.

"You should know how I'm feeling right now! And you wanna know something,how did you ever become a ninja?! You never answered my question awhile back!" Cole still yelled.
Jay remember. On the Dark Island,when Zane was getting his falcon back and he kept playing 'I Spy' with something that would lead them to the Temple of Light,Cole than got annoyed and just asked how he ever became a ninja.

"Testing my machine! How did you? Oh that's right! Climb a mountain! Anyone can do that!" Jay spatted back.

"Well right now,I wish you weren't a ninja!" Cole said. Still with a death glare.

"I wish you weren't one!" Jay responded. Basically the same of what Cole said.

"I wish that you never unlocked your true potential!" Cole yelled back. Clutching his fist and getting more furious.

"I wish Kai was never a ninja so none of this bullshit happened!" Jay yelled.

Cole's face then turned from anger to worry and sadness,but still on the inside,he was still feeling a huge amount of rage.
Jay saw Cole's face and then realized what he had just said.
Tears were slowly filling Cole's eyes,he then glared at Jay with even more anger in his eyes
"You know Jay,a lot of times,you're just nothing but a real jerk to Kai!"

Jay slowly decided to approach Cole,to try hand comfort his angered friend
"Cole.....I'm sorry.....I didn't mean it!"

Cole slapped Jay's hand away "You might have thought that he took it as a joke or you said that's what it was,but actually he took it seriously! You can't just call people short tempered,overprotective,or anything else! That's just who Kai is!" Cole yelled as tears slowly began to roll down his cheeks.