Chapter 7:He's awake!

Cole was awoken by a gentle shake on his shoulder. He opened his eyes,it was the nurse that talked to them last night "I just wanted to tell you Kai has been moved to floor 5 room 518, he's still sleeping but you can see him if y'all want too." The nurse reported to Cole as the rest of his friends were still asleep "thank you nurse" the nurse nodded and left the lobby.

Cole woke his friends up and when Cole told them the news he just heard,they immediately got into a elevator and soon getting to the 5th floor. They than got to room 518 and slowly opened the door trying not to wake Kai.

Kai was laying quietly on the hospital bed,his chest slowly falling and rising,he had an air mask on his mouth,there were ice packs on Kai's ankles (except Kai's left leg)and arms along with bandages wrapped around them,his hair was still very messy from the electrocution,a cast was on Kai's left leg,there were stitches,bandages,and scars on Kai's face,and bandage around Kai's head after his head was banged into the wall. Cole slowly walked over to the side of the bed and looked at Kai as tears began to fall from his eyes "Kai I'm so sorry,if only I had gotten there sooner...." Lloyd walked over to Cole and put his hand on his shoulder "You got him out of there alive. That's the best you could do." Cole wiped away his tears "thanks Lloyd. But still what are we going to tell Sensei? Cause I'm not leaving until he's back on his feet." Cole said as he felt tears in his eyes again "I don't think any of us want to leave him ether." Lloyd said as he smiled at Cole.

The room was silent than they heard a mumble from Kai "Guys I think he's waking up!" Jay said surprised.
The ninja gathered around Kai's bed and looked at him as he began to wake up.

While Kai was sleeping he heard the familiar voice and slowly began to open his eyes. Kai saw his friends standing around the bed,he slowly lifted up his head from the pillow and saw a heart monitor next to him. He than slowly put his head back on the pillow. Not saying anything. "Hey Kai,how are you feeling?" Cole asked. Kai took off the air mask and have it hang around his neck "What-what happened?" Kai said rubbing his head "You-you were captured by Morro. We began to search around Ninjago for you I check out an abandoned house in the forest I searched the place I almost decided to leave than I heard a scream. It sounded like you,than I found a door underneath a rug than I found you and I got you out of there as fast as I could." Cole explained to Kai. At that moment all the memories that Kai had saw and the horror he experienced came flowing back to his mind "And what I saw what he was doing to you I knew I had to get you out of there." Cole said to Kai as Kai was still shocked. Kai looked at Cole in the eyes and hugged him around Cole's neck as tears of joy fell from Kai's eyes,Cole than returned the hug.

As Cole was hugging Kai,Kai began to feel a pain on his left leg. Kai looked down at his leg and saw the cast on his leg "Wh-what's wrong with my leg?" Kai asked Cole as he began to panic.
Cole rubbed the back of his head,than Zane explained "Kai um....when we were taking news about about your injuries the nurse said you'll have a broken leg for a few months,the sword cut deep into your leg if it had gone any farther you probably wouldn't be able to use you leg again,but they did the best they could." To Kai it felt like his heart was smashed to pieces "Cole.....it that true?" Kai asked as he was kinda in a panic. Cole looked at Kai "I'm sorry but....yes it's true." Cole said to Kai looking like Kai was about to burst down into tears. Cole hugged Kai as Cole dared himself not to cry,Kai returned the hug and cried into Cole's shoulder with an uncontrollable sob,Kai covered his mouth on Cole's shoulder "Kai,were gunna find a way through this." Cole shakily told his crying friend. Lloyd,Nya,Jay,and Zane stood there quietly as tears were rolling down there cheeks as they watched the 2 friends hug each other.

One and a half hour pasted and a nurse came into the room suggesting for them to leave so Kai could get some rest. The ninja nodded and began to walk out.
Kai waved as he smiled but right before his friends and sister left the room he turned around,having his back face the door and began to cry. He had his mouth covered by his pillow so he thought nobody would hear him cry.

As the ninja left Kai's room, from behind Kai's door Cole heard Kai sobbing. Cole stared at Kai's hospital room "Cole are you coming?" Jay asked as they all started heading to an elevator, Cole nodded his head 'yes'.

The ninja had headed out of the hospital and to the bounty. The whole time until getting to the bounty Cole couldn't stop thinking about Kai and how he reacted on the news about his leg. The ninja had parked the bounty on the roof of the hospital (and hoped they nurses and doctors wouldn't mind)