Chapter 21: I need you!

After getting the information that Kai was in a coma,Cole became depressed more than ever. The others tried to make him feel better,but nothing worked. He ate less,he hardly came out of his room,he wouldn't talk at all,and he'd cry at night. Knowing it was his fault that Kai was captured,more injured,and in a coma. They said it wasn't his fault,and they found a way to blame themselves,but Cole knew it was mostly his.

This is all my fault.......
Everyone was trying to make me better but nothing was working.
The only way I'll be better is Kai wakes up. I want to tell him how I feel,if he dies,I'm going to kill myself.
3 reasons,
1. I failed Kai
2. I wouldn't have to feel this pain
3. I'd hate myself

That's what Cole thought to himself as he laid in his bed. His eyes bloodshot from crying and hardly getting any sleep. His pillow was soaking from tears and so was his face.

"Guys! Dinner!"
Zane shouted.

Cole sighed and got out of his bed.
Instead of going into the kitchen,he went into the bathroom and locked the door. He looked at himself in the mirror.

Failure!
Do you seriously think he likes you?!
Deserves to be lonely!

The voice in Cole's head screamed at him as he looked into his dull eyes.
He then rolled up his sleeve and reached into his pocket,he pulled out a razor blade. He started to cut himself.

You deserve this,Cole!

Cole gave himself on cut at a time.

1....2....3....4....5....6....7....8

This is all your fault!

Cole rolled up his other sleeve

9....10....11....12....13....14....15....16

He doesn't like you!

Cole's tears escaped now and then broke down into sobs. He wouldn't forgive himself for this! The only way he'd forgive himself if non of this ever happened or if Kai even forgave him.

Cole wiped away his tears. He washed away the blood on his blade and on his arms. After that,he just sat against the wall,and started to sob uncontrollably between his knees.

Cole then herd knocking on the door.
"Cole,you in there?" Nya shouted.
Cole fought back his sobs by biting his lip but then spoke again.
"Y-Yes!"

"Dinner is ready!"

"I-I know!" Cole responded.
Cole then herd Nya sadly sigh.
"Cole,can I come in? I want to talk to you." He quickly rolled down his sleeve and wiped more of his tears away.
"You can come in!"
Nya then came in to see Cole sitting on the floor with his knees clutched to his chest. Nya sat next to him.

"Cole,I'm telling you,this wasn't your fault!" Nya said with worry in her eyes.
Cole didn't look back at her,but looked to the side of him "Yes it is! I was the one who left Kai alone! I was the one who didn't check on Kai when I herd banging in the bathroom! I didn't do anything but stare at Kai before he was captured,I just stood there like an idiot! 
I-" Cole shouted and then breaking down into sobs again. Nya leaned over and hugged the sobbing earth ninja. Cole hugged back and sobbed into Nya shoulder. Nya gently rubbed his back witch made Cole sob more.
Witch Nya understood.

She had known Cole liked his brother. He wanted to tell him so badly how he felt. But since this was all all happening,he thought if he told Kai,Kai wouldn't feel comfortable around him anymore. Nya felt the same way Cole did,but she didn't show it. She tried to stay strong but when she was alone,she would cry for 10 minutes or more. Kai was her only family left........she knew she had Jay,but they weren't blood related. Jay was trying his best to cheer her up,but like Cole,nothing worked.

Nya remember when she was 5 years old,Kai and her would do everything together. When they were in 5th grade,Kai would always be bullied because of his hair,so he would wear a hat,but kids would steal it from. She threatened them and she got suspended from school for a month.
When she was picked on by other girls for being a tomboy,Kai would stick gum that he chewed in their hair,purposely spill water on them,or tell their boyfriends that they were saying bad things about them. He got away with it cause they never knew who did it.
Nya missed those days a lot. She was happy and sad when she dated Jay.
Happy because she found someone
and sad because that meant she couldn't spend much time with her brother.

When Nya was thinking about the flashbacks,tears were filling her eyes.
She wanted her brother back as much as Cole did. Like Cole,she broke down into sobs too and tears streamed down her face.

"It's ok,Cole......*sobs* I miss my brother as much as you do!" Nya said in sobs.

After a few minutes,they both pulled away. Finally able to calm themselves down and wiped their tears away.

Cole smiled at Nya and Nya smiled back.

"Th-thanks for coming to me when I needed it most." Cole thanked the water ninja as he wiped another tear away "Hey,we're friends,I'm supposed to be there for you." Nya smiled "I'll tell you this,if you want any advice about my brother so you have a better chance with him,you can always come to me. I know my brother better than anyone." Cole's hope built up a bit,thinking he still could have a chance.

"Or if you want to talk,you can come to me."

"Thanks,Nya."

"No problem." Nya hugged Cole again and Cole hugged back.

Hope you enjoyed.
(I realized this was like a Cole x Nya chapter. But that isn't what this book is about,it's Lavashipping!)