Chapter 11: Isn't it love?

(As I was listening to this song it reminded me on what I wrote in this chapter,so listen as you read)

The night went by fast and the next day came.

Zane was making breakfast this morning. Jay was in Nya's room with her still trying to calm her down,Lloyd was watching TV,and Cole was in the room with Kai.

Cole watched Kai as he slept in the bed,with his chest still slowly falling and rising. Cole stared at Kai and placed his hand on Kai's hand while whispering "Kai again,I'm so sorry." Cole felt tears in his eyes but he dared himself not to cry.  He wiped away his tears and looked at Kai before Zane shouted "Breakfast is ready!" Cole got up,but then looked back at Kai and walked over to him and kneeled down on his knees. Cole kissed Kai's forehead and shakily whispered "get well soon buddy." Cole got back up on his feet and walked out the bedroom door.

Cole walked into the kitchen and saw Zane putting waffles on the plates. Zane turned around to face Cole holding a plate with a waffle on it and a cup of water with ice in it "could you take Kai's breakfast?" Zane asked as he walked closer to Cole. Cole nodded,grabbed the plate and cup,and walked to the bedroom.

Cole slowly opened up the door trying not to wake Kai,but as he opened the door wide opened and noticed that Kai was awake and sitting up on the bed.

Cole walked over to Kai's bed and closed the door behind him. "Morning Kai,Zane made you breakfast." Cole handed Kai the plate.

Kai took the place and took a bite of the waffle. "Did you sleep well?" Cole asked as he weakly smiled. Kai shrugged "little bit better than the other night." Kai responded taking another bite of the waffle "and also Sensei said he wants you to rest until you get better." Cole said as he rubbed the back of his head. Kai took another bite of the waffle and quickly swallowed "great,now I can't be able to walk for two months but I have to stay in bed for two months!" Kai sighed and sobbed as a few tears started to fall down his cheeks.

Cole was in shock for a few seconds but got closer to Kai "Kai,I-I'm sorry,I didn't mean it like that." Kai sobbed a bit quietly and looked down at the opposite side of the bed. Cole put his hand back on Kai's "Kai,don't worry I'll help you through this." Cole smiled as he tried to look at Kai. Kai did face to look at Cole,but didn't smile back. He only wiped away his tears that were falling down his cheeks. Still looking down at the bed,he asked "why *sob* why do you care so much about me?" Kai looked up to face Cole,but had glassy eyes that were filled with tears.

Cole put his hand on Kai's shoulder and smiled "because you're like a brother to me,and I can't stand to see you in more pain. No matter what,I'll always be here for you." Kai smiled as he took Cole's hand off his shoulder and hugged Cole around his neck as more fresh new tears started to roll his cheeks and on to Cole's Ninja Gi.

Cole stopped hugging Kai and looked at him confused "why are you still crying?" Cole asked as he looked at Kai a little worried. Kai only smiled back "these aren't tears of sadness,these are tears of happiness." Cole smiled back at Kai and hugged him around his waist. Kai returned the hug as more tears of joy fell from his eyes and onto Cole's Gi.

After a minute Kai and Cole stopped hugging each other. Cole looked straight into Kai's eyes and wiped away one of his tears "Kai,I'll aways protect you. No matter what." Cole wiped more of Kai's tears away as he looked straight into his eye's.

Cole smiled at Kai and started to walk to the door to leave the room "I'll see you soon,remember Kai you still need to get some rest." Kai smiled back and Cole left the room,slowly and lightly closing the door.

And in only a few seconds Kai yawned,began to close his eyes slowly and fell asleep.

After an hour had pasted,Cole slowly opened the bedroom door to see Kai sleeping but smiling. Cole walked over to Kai and stood next to his bed,he rubbed his forehead.

As Cole began to walk away from Kai's bed Kai grabbed Cole's wrist. Cole turned around to see Kai not smiling anymore but was now looking frustratedly upset as tears started to run down his face. Cole's smile was now turned into a frown. As Kai was still sleeping he began to talk "No,I can't take it anymore! Please Cole,don't leave me!" Kai then startled awake,breathing heavily with still a few tears falling down his cheeks.

As soon as Kai saw Cole next he hugged Cole around his neck and began to sob "I-I thought you left me." Kai began to sob more as he hugged Cole tighter and tighter. Cole gentility pulled Kai away and looked into his eyes with tears still in them "Kai it's okay I'm here now. Did you have a bad dream?" Cole asked as he began to wipe more of Kai's tears away. Kai nodded "tell me about it." Kai signed as more tears started to fill his eyes "Morro still had me in the house,with me strapped down to the wall. He wasn't there,but you were.  You were laughing at me because I couldn't handle the pain Morro was making me go through and then you started walking away. Just leaving me there to die. And out of nowhere,Morro appeared saying "wake up ninja,we have new plains today." And the rest you might know." Kai explained as he sobbed and more tears started to fill his eyes. Cole could also feel tears in his eyes,but he dared himself not to cry. Not when his friend was crying and was in pain.

Cole put his hand on Kai's shoulder "Kai,I would never abounded you like that." Kai stopped crying and sobbing,but still had tears dried on his face.

Cole hugged Kai around his neck. Kai returned the hug by hugging him around his waist.

At this time Cole started crying,but tears of joy fell from his eyes. He was happy to see his friend again. Kai felt Cole's tears land on his back,he gentility pulled Cole away,but had his hand on his shoulder "Cole,I'm gunna be ok now." Kai said to his crying friend. Cole looked into Kai's eye's. Smiling,but crying tears of joy Cole happily sobbed and hugged Kai around his neck again.

Kai hugged Cole and rubbed his back and whispered to his friend "I'm going to be okay now,just remember that." Cole happily sobbed again and responded back still crying tears of joy "I-I just don't wanna lose you." Cole cried a bit more as he hugged Kai tighter. Kai gentility pulled Cole away and looked into his eyes as he wiped away his tears "Cole you don't have to worry." Cole smiled at Kai and wiped away his tears. "Ok Kai,but I'm still worried." Kai stared at Cole for twenty seconds and then hugged him around his neck. Cole hugged him back and rubbed Kai's back he hugged Kai a bit tighter and than softly said to him "I'm always gunna protect you."

Sorry masteroflightning for publishing this late.