D O U B L E - S H O T

Now that you know that I hope you're satisfied because what happened after the night of the meteor shower is my favorite part part of my rise to happiness.

After our acid trip we were  pretty much inseparable. People were constantly asking me and him "Are you guys dating?" we'd both smile and laugh "Jackson's like a brother to me" I'd say "Are you crazy?" But on the inside I was crushing so so hard. I wanted to be with him. I was still convinced he was hung on Kelly and it kinda hurt for a little bit. 

At this point I carried around a little sling purse that held all necessities in it. Lip balm, my debit card and my gift cards. Jackson carried around a wallet, of course, all guys do. It was pale olive  green kinda with Boba Fett on it. "I got it for Disney and I don't regret it stop judging me"  he'd say. I asked for it one day in Anatomy and surprisingly enough he gave it to me. I opened it up and looked through it. I didn't want to take anything, I just liked looking at it all. That's when I saw it. The green mermaid everyone knows in loves. I glanced in his direction. He wasn't paying attention to me. I pulled out the Starbucks gift card and stared at it for a minute.  And I formulated a plan in my head. 

"Hey! I have one of these!" I squealed 

"Oh wow, I didn't remember I had that" 

"Do you want to go after school?" 

"I have Cross Country....." Riiiiight, the dork runs.. I forgot about that

"That doesn't mean you have to go" I smiled at him and he stared at me for a second, thinking, would he really do this for me?

"I guess I could....sure" he smiled back at me. God I loved his smile. I got butteries in my stomach. It's a date  I thought, even though it wasn't. I kept asking him throughout the day if he was sure he would go with me. Every time, he'd laugh and look at me "Yes, I can take you" The day went by so slow. I remember dashing into 7th period and telling my friend about going with him after school. She looked at me and said "Just date him already" I told her to hush because Kelly was as in the same class and I felt it wouldn't go over to nicely if she knew I was going to get drinks with him. I didn't know what the hell was her problem with me but I was sick of it. 

The bell finally rang and I dashed downstairs to find Jackson. I was so excited. We met in the cafeteria and walked out to his car. 

The smell of Starbucks hit my nose and immediately made me smile. I love this place. I hear him make a noise behind me

"What are you going to get?" I asked him. He looked at the menu then looked at me. 

"I don't know, I haven't really been here in a while"  I gasped in dramatic shock  and told him to look around or just get what I'm getting. He was debating on the blended java drink I was getting and some other thing when it caught his eye. A double-shot espresso can, shining in the fridge. He grabbed it out. 

"This is what I'm getting" He said with a smile on his face. I smiled back at him and ordered my drink. We sat at a tiny table and he opened his  drink and took a sip. We flirted. we actually flirted! HE WAS FLIRTING WITH ME. I was mid laugh when they called my name for my drink. I was gone for maybe 10 seconds. I sit down as he puts his can down, when it hits the table it sounds like it's empty. My eyes get wide and I look up at him 

"Did you just drink that whole thing" 

"....Yeah" 

"That has more caffeine in it than a Monster you realize that? You could like..die" He looked at me with eyes bigger than mine "I'm gunna die" 

I proceeded to sit there for the next 10 minutes sipping on my drink and watch him slowly spiral into a hyper fit. His legs where bouncing and his hands were always moving. He talked really fast and couldn't pay attention for longer than a minute and a half. I couldn't help but laugh. I just, watched him again. The longer I looked at him the harder I fell. I finally accepted the fact that I really liked him and maybe, just maybe, he liked me too. 

Back in the car, I made a risky move. I grabbed his hand. Not to hold it, just to play with it, but I wanted to hold it. We pulled up to a red light 

"Can you drive with one hand?" I asked 

"Yeah, I can" he replied softly. I looked up at him and he was already looking at me and our hands. What was I thinking. I put his hand down and sighed. I still regret not holding his hand. I should've done it. Because now, it's my favorite thing to do.