Quality Time

Your POV
__________________
I went outside and didn't see Nea.
"Nea," I asked.
"Boo," Nea yelled as he appeared in front of me.
I yelled and threw a punch out of instinct. He dodged it and when I was about to kick him, my foot slipped. I went backwards and he put his arm around me as another held onto my wrist. He stopped me mid fall and held onto me with amusement in his eyes.
"Great reaction skills," he said.
"Right that was entirely planned," I laughed.
"You chose one hell of a time to be scared," he said.
"You scared me it's not my fault," I said.
"Well I didn't mean it that way, I just meant this barely started. How do you think the rest of this is going to go," he asked laughing.
"No more scaring please," I said.
"Alright but no promises," he said smiling.
"I'll take it," I said.
He helped me back up and we smiled. I intertwined our hands and we began walking. The fresh breeze danced around us and the grass swayed complimenting each other.
"Hey Nea," I said.
"What's up," he asked.
"I love you a lot. I really do. I'm really happy with you. Truly happy. And I want you to know that I love you and that I care about you more than anything else in the world," I said stumbling over my words with a blush.
"That so? I'm glad to hear it," he said smiling and squeezing my hand lightly.
I smiled at him and swung our hands.
"If something happens on this mission, make sure you call me. I'll be there ok," he said.
"Alright but nothing's going to happen," I assured him.
He wanted to say something. To bring up that time. But he didn't want to at the same time.
"Nea," I said gently.
He avoided looking at me and I sighed.
"It happens."
"I should've been stronger."
"You are now."
"Not then."
"Nea it doesn't matter."
"I'm supposed to be there for you!"
He let go of my hand by this point and stood about 3 feet away. His eyes wide with wildness that wasn't the kind I've seen.
"Nea," I said gently as I took a small step as so not to scare him.
"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry (y/n)," he said.
"It's not you're fault, you saved me didn't you? Fought till you couldn't," I asked taking another small step.
He nodded slightly.
"I'm alive aren't I," I asked.
He nodded.
"I don't want to lose you *grabs my wrists*, (y/n) promise me you won't let anything happen to you," he seemed to beg.
"I promise, don't let anything happen to you either," I said as I put my hands on his cheeks.
The wildness seemed to fade and was replaced with a sense of serenity.
"Promise," he said pulling me to him.
"Good," I said burying my face in his chest.
"I don't deserve you," he said.
"I don't want to hear it. You're an amazing guy Nea and I want to be with you. I love you to infinity and back. You're my world Nea Campbell," I said. He let go of me and laid on the ground.
"Sorry, (y/n). It's just this whole assignment things got me on edge," he apologized.
I laid down with him and stretched.
"It's fine, I can't say I'm not on edge either. Though I don't think this'll be a bad assignment," I said.
"It's bad if I can't be with you," he sighed.
"Well when the Earl calls us we can tell him," I said.
"Alright," he said.
We stayed like that and pointed to clouds debating what looked like what.
"Nope it's a bunny!" I argued.
"Wha? No that is definitely a worm," he said.
"How?! It's ears are right there!"
"No thats 2 of its legs! The others are hidden," he said.
"Nuuuu Nea it's notttt," I whined.
"It is," he laughed.
We stared off for 5 seconds before I burst out laughing. He joined in on my laughing and it sucked that the days couldn't always be like this.
"Ne, Nea," I said as we were calming down.
"Yeah," he asked propping himself on one arm.
"Love you," I said.
"I love you too," he said.
I closed my eyes and smiled.
"Heyyyyy," he pouted.
"Hm," I asked.
"Love meeeee," he whined laying on his back.
"I do love you," I laughed.
"Not feeling it," he said.
I shifted near him and wrapped my arms around him tightly while putting my head on his chest.
"If you keep dressing like this girls will be falling for you left and right," I said.
"Really? I was just being lazy," he said.
"Like that'll stop them," I mumbled.
"Jealous," he asked, and I could practically hear the smirk on his face.
"Yep, you're mine," I said looking at him.
He laughed and in the blink of an eye he had me pinned to the ground underneath him. Great view by the way.
"I'm all yours beautiful girl," he said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Has that stopped anyone," I asked.
It occurred to us both about what that could've meant and the first thing that went through my mind was 'well there goes the moment, great job me.' Dead quiet except a few birds chirping.
"I didn't mean it like that Nea, sorry," I said quietly.
"Don't be," he said as he shifted to get up.
I pulled him back and a familiar locket dangled between us. My hand slid down and held the locket.
"I love you," he said.
"I love you too," I said as I opened the locket. 
The familiar tune played and the unpleasant silence seemed to fade into a pleasant one.
"Not how I imagined our quality time going," he said as he put his head in the crook of my neck.
"when do our plans go through," I asked.
"You're not wrong," he laughed.
"We really need to let that go though, all of it," I said.
"Yeah," he said as he placed butterfly kisses along my neck.
"I forgive you for kissing lulubell and I won't be mad at you for it," I said as I moved my head to the side and closed my eyes.
"Well you haven't done anything, so," he laughed.
"Forgive yourself," I said.
"I can't (y/n)," he said sighing and looking at me .
"It's ok to," I said as I opened my eyes and put my hands on his cheeks.