One Last Dance (One-shot)

*Emerges from screen and pats your face* Prepare your feels, cause I'm about to stomp on em

The day started off normal, waking up to see Vincent beside you, his adorable bed head standing out from the white pillow beneath it. You even had your breakfast and sat down to watch your favorite show.

All of that was destroyed in a second, the TV suddenly beeping loudly and your program being flipped to a worldwide broadcast.

Its funny how the atmosphere can change so quickly, going from light and happy, to heavy and frightening in a second. What's even more weird is how your body can sense it, it's as if a switch is clicked and your instincts kick in.

Fight or Flight.

However, this occasion causes both to be invalid, death was inevitable.

The entire broadcast wasn't registered, your heartbeat being louder than the TV itself. All you managed to pick up were the words 'Nuclear Warfare' before the sounds of many screams shattered the silence outside.

The world was under a Nuclear War , and nobody was making it out alive.

"Y/N!" Vincent yelled, shaking your shoulders viciously, knocking you from the trance. His eyes showed something you've only seen once, and that was at Freddy's when Golden Freddy made an appearance.

Vincent was undeniably scared.

Suddenly, you were yanked from the couch, being dragged out the front door and outside in a flash. The air was thick and clammy, even the sky matched the epidemic the human race was facing.

People were running everywhere, calling family members and even praying in the middle of the street. Everything was chaos. However, Vincent still pulled you along, trying his best to find a way out. That's one thing you loved about him, his persistence.

"We'll go to Freddy's, they might have an underground bunker or something" he yelled, breathing heavily. He didn't want to accept it, he still wanted to believe everything was going to be okay.

"Vincent!" You yelled, grabbing your boyfriends face between your now sweaty hands. His distraught figure stopping to a halt, facing you with worried eyes.

"There is nothing we can do!" You yelled, trying to calm him down. The fire in his eyes seemed to die, dimming down to a color similar to the gloomy sky above. At this point people were crying, some even trying to jump from the town bridge.

Vincent suddenly grabbed you in a tight embrace, the feeling of warm tears against your shoulder making you shudder.

Without knowing, tears of your own started to fall. Suddenly it was as if time stopped, the noise stopped and it was just you and Vincent. His hands going to your hips as he pulled back from the hug, resting his chin against the top of your head.

"Remember our first date" Vincent muttered, a chuckle escaping his lips besides the tears still coming from his eyes.

The memory he spoke of was one you'd never forget, "Yeah, we danced under the stars" you sighed, smiling against his chest. Silently, he leaned down, "May I have this dance?" He asked, hot breath against your ear.

You nodded, smiling at the ground as his hands swayed your hips and his feet shuffled across the broken pavement.  Some may say knowing you are about to die is the scariest thing you will encounter, but the feeling isn't that. Its numb, like your body has shut out all emotions.

Either that, or all your emotions went into your feet, as you danced your last dance.

A helicopter flew over, an intercom spewing out the minutes you had left before the war began.

"You are my sunshine...." Vincent sung in your ear, holding you tighter.

40 seconds, "My only sunshine...", the helicopter was now gone.

30 seconds, "You make me happy...." Sirens started to blare, signalling people to seek cover.

20 seconds, "When skies are gray...." People have given up, sitting in the street with broken expressions.

10 seconds, "You'll never know dear......".

6 seconds, "How much I love you....." His embrace tightened, a deep rumbling shaking he ground below.

1 second, "Please don't take my sunshine..." a bright flash erupted in the sky, the last thing you here before coldness envelopes you, is a small, "Away".

ITS SHORT IM SOOORRRYYYYYY!! ;-;