Werewolf AU

Dedicated to Jazmyne17 for the amazing idea!!

Deep breathing.

Twigs snapping.

Whimpering.

These are the sounds of panic. Also the noises filling the darkness of the dense forest you were trying so desperately to escape. However, that wasn't the only thing.

A deep, guttural howl echoed off hollow trees, the sound shaking you to the core. Your legs were only a blur as you weaved through dense foliage, trying to find a clearing in the dark, anywhere to escape the suffocating night air.

Twigs and branches swung wildly at your face and limbs as you ran, only a slight sting in the back of your brain, it could be worse. Another howl ripped through the night.

A lot worse

If it weren't for the circumstances you would compliment the immense amount of stars in the sky, accompanied by a big full moon. However, that thought was pushed to the back of your mind just like the pain and the weakness in your knees. All you could do was run and run and run.

Huffing that didn't match your own breathing was becoming closer, its sound pushing you further. A few times you could have sworn the damp heat of labored breathing was being pushed to the back of your neck, causing the hairs to stand on edge.

"No!" You screamed, coming to a screeching halt as a mountainous chunk of rock stood in your way, its height casting a malicious shadow in its wake. Nimble feet quickly spun around, intent on find a way, any way, out, however, it seemed fate wasn't on your side.

Hot and putrid breath smacked you in the face with lingering effects, producing a hacking cough from your throat. However, it wasn't the breath that causes your eyes to water and your breathing to stop, no, it was the bright beady eyes accompanied with a set of sharp teeth set in a snarl, both merely inches from your face. Before you could bolt away from the beast, two more emerged from the shadows, all growling menacingly.

Wolves.

"N-Nice doggies" You cooed weakly, earning a snap from one of the furry beasts as it nearly took a bite from your arm. The action was enough to send you running again, which was a very stupid idea on your part.

Before you could even get a foot away, a heavy body slammed into your back, throwing you to the ground with a thump. Claws dug into your shoulder blades and drool dripped onto your face as the snarling beast held you to the ground, curling it's lips as its eyes blazed with bloodlust. Your eyes closed tightly as you anticipated the feeling of canines digging into your throat, but the feeling never came, just the sounds of yelping and obvious struggle.

The black wolf that was once pinning you to the ground was now on its own back, another wolf digging its teeth into the dark wolf's scruff, both scrabbling with long claws that glistened menacingly in the moonlight. Out the corner of your eye, you noticed the two light coated wolves run away, tails tucked between their legs as they whimpered helplessly.

More loud yelping caused you to turn back around, watching as your savior ruthlessly dove in for more bone crushing bites and skin tearing swipes. Now that the moon was at its brightest, you examined the wolf more closely, its coat looked black in the dark, but thanks to the ever present light it revealed a different color, purple. Another thing that caught your sight was the wolf's eyes, they weren't dark and beady like the others, they were a bright white that glowed in the dark like a pair of stars.

Suddenly, those bright eyes snapped up from it's now unmoving target, muzzle covered in blood as it stared you down. That's when you were reminded, you should be running. The problem was, you couldn't muster up enough courage to move, even as the purple wolf heaved the motionless body away and began slinking towards you, eyes piercing the darkness.