Coffee Shop AU

"What the literal fuck Mike!" Vincent yelled, nearly slamming into the floor as a wet substance met with the flat of new black converse. Leave it to the half brained, pun spewing dingus know as Mike Schmidt to shove croissants into a coffee maker.

"I must have blanked again" the slightly shorter male grunted, sharp blue eyes assessing the dark liquid quickly spreading along the white tiled floor.

Sometimes, Vincent wonders how Mike was even allowed to work in the first place, someone with half their brain chomped off doesn't seem like the best worker. Last time he blanked somebody ended up with glue in their coffee instead of creamer, the reason such things were in the kitchen were beyond his imagination.

"Guess you could say this is a sticky situation" Mike chuckled, somehow finding humor in the situation at hand. Rolling his eyes once again, Vincent began digging the gooey mess from within the poor coffee machine's filter.

"One, coffee isn't sticky, Two, that joke was about as empty as your skull" the purple haired man exclaimed, lips curling in a smirk when Mike gave a sharp retort before attending to the growing line. Now is the worst time for his coworker to blank, morning time is by far the busiest time for coffee shops all around the college campus.

After much scrubbing, Vincent realized the machine was as good as gone, it wouldn't even cut on at this point.

"V-Vincent, is everything all right?" A quiet voice stuttered behind him, nearly causing the tall man to topple over in surprise.

"Geez Jeremy! You scared me!" Vincent breathed, bringing a gloved hand to clutch the fabric of his shirt. Jeremy was very small and quiet, hell, if he weren't working here the kid would be a great spy. Well, excluding his many anxieties that usually resulted in a panic attack.

"M-Mike!" Jeremy's voice snapped Vincent back to reality, eyes widening when the volume of said voice was raised many octaves higher than he has ever heard come from the small male.

Mike was in some deep shit, and there was no need to glance towards the line to know the bipolar man was once again blanking. However, the curiosity was gnawing in his gut, casting his gaze to see Mike vault over his designated counter and slam into a customer, her balance being thrown along with the book in her grasp.

Without a second thought, Vincent was the next to vault over the grimy counter, Jeremy following suit except in a much more orderly fashion, actually using the swing door instead of jumping over company owned appliances like the two older, but much more childish males had done.

Thankfully Mike hadn't gotten far before ramming into the girl, giving Vincent enough time to catch a smaller hand in his own as the other grabbed the book's spine, catching it midair. Through adrenaline driven eyes, Vincent glanced towards the female, getting a good look.

Her hair was a beautiful (h/c) color, and her eyes sparkled under the cheap lighting with surprise, an awkward smile quickly spreading across flushed cheeks, making her eyes even brighter. The staring contest was broken as a stuttering voice rang throughout the entire cafe, even at its high volume anyone could tell it came from a very unconfident person.

"Mike! I s-swear, if you blank o-one more time you'll be the n-next thing getting shoved in the coffee maker!" Jeremy yelled, a mix between groans and snorts coming from Mike's direction.

"I'm guessing that wasn't on purpose?" The girl asked, straightening herself and grabbing the book from Vincent's hand. She was obviously nowhere near offended by the rude shove she was just given, however, she tried to act like it.

It came across more adorable then intimidating.

"Nah, excuse him, he's missing half of his brain, literally" Vincent scoffed, missing the look of guilt cross the younger girls face.