Incubus! Vincent AU

NO SMUT GUYS!!

Incubus: a male demon that is known to have sex with sleeping women, their female counterpart is commonly known as a succubus.

Bump!

Something is down the hall.

Bump!

Its getting closer now.

Scccccrrrrr!

Sharp nails scratch deep into the hardwood barrier between you and the intruder.

Grrrrrrrrr!

An animalistic growl signals it has found your scent, its to late.

Crrrreeeeeaaaakkkk!

Your bedroom door slowly opens on rusty hinges, only a shadow in your dark room as an invisible threat emerges from the abyss. In an act of defiance you clutch the wooden bat to your chest, nails digging deeply in the glossed wood.

The metallic scent of blood wafted towards you in a wave of nausea, the liquid dripping from your fingers pattered on the bedsheets with precised timing. Each drop fell in time with the creaking floorboards, signalling the threat growing closer.

Pat. Crrrreeeaakk! Pat. Crreeeakk! Thump!

At some point you had closed your eyes, allowing the sound to show where the intruder was lurking in the shadows. The springs of your mattress groaned in protest, the bed dipping as extra weight was applied at the end, just at your feet.

Through clenched hands, you let out a scream, throwing back the covers quickly and taking a long swing. The bat merely swung at empty air, slipping from your blood soaked hands and into the wall at your side with a crunch. Opened eyes revealed nothing in it's wake, just empty darkness and your own heavy breathing.

"Shit, I'm hallucinating" you sighed, running a shaky hand through sweat drenched hair, making your injured fingers burn in pain. Without intending, you let out a hiss, shaking out your hands to relieve it from the salty liquid now seeping into your wounds.

A blinking alarm clock was the only source of light illuminating your room, the blocky letters showing it was two hours past midnight, meaning the sun wouldn't be up until hours from now.

Heat began to blow on the back of your neck, causing you to sigh contently, the heater was coming on. However, you stopped cold, staring straight ahead into the darkness once again, eyes wide. "The heater is busted, what the he-" you began, cutting short when a deep chuckle reverberated off the tiny walls that closed you in.

Trapped.

"What do we have here?" The voice stated, pronouncing every word like a purr, warmth radiating off each syllable that sent out a warm tone. Silently, you glanced to the side, eyeing a long leg draped over the side of your bed with careless intention, bouncing up in down impatiently.

It's behind you.

A slight nudge from your left made you squeak, flinching away as if burned by the jean clad appendage.

"Why so jumpy, doll?" That same voice purred, this time it was right beside your ear, warm breath caressing your earlobe and cheek softly. Without a second thought, you whirled around quickly, leg aimed directly where the perpetrator's head should be. Just like the bat, you met nothing but air, flopping ungracefully to the side with an equally graceless squawk.