Marriage AU (One-Shot)

This is going to be fucking cheesy because I'm a helpless romantic. Sorry I don't make the rules

"This thing is so far up my ass I'm going to be plucking lint from my-".

"Mike!" Jeremy yelled, kicking the man at his side with a disgruntled huff. His small hands were buried in your hair as he desperately tried to make it look decent, his bangs clipped back from his eyes so he could see what he was doing.

Mike grunted, pulling at his suit with a deep setting frown. It was awkward seeing the man in something other than his work uniform or baggy sweats, both of which adorned gross stains. The clothing he had on now was pristine and crisp, every inch of a gentleman which he most certainly was not.

"I'm just saying, if I have to surgically remove this later on-" Mike began, only stopping once Jeremy grabbed the hairspray and gave it a small pump in his direction. The cloud of spray hovered in the air as the blue-eyed male swatted wildly, coughing dryly as he inhaled it.

"Mike, heels or not I will beat your ass" You muttered, glaring out the corner of your eye as Jeremy held your head still. The beginnings of a neck ache tingled along your spine from sitting still for so long.

From nearby, the kitten you and Vincent had saved two years ago sat patiently, now full-grown and slightly threatening. After all, it was a bobcat, just a tamed one.

"He even managed to squeeze the fucking cat into a suit!?" Mike yelled, motioning wildly to Vince as he lounged in the sun. Yellow eyes glanced over with a nonchalant expression, turning away once realizing he wasn't needed. His body was decked in a little suit that Vincent insisted was a must have, Fritz still had a scratch along his arm as evidence of the struggle.

Jeremy gave one final tug before pulling away, spraying wildly at your hair with the hairspray. The sound made Vince jump up with a hiss, back arching at what he thought was a threatening animal. Mike simply grumbled from where he sat.

"Well Vince is part of the family too, so suck it up" You stated, standing from your seat with a few pops. The dress around your legs swayed and rumpled down like a cascading waterfall, softly hitting the floor in a white puddle. Hopefully you could walk in it without tripping.

Carefully, you made your way over to a nearby mirror, grabbing handfuls of your gown to have better mobility. Your heels clicked with every footfall like a ticking clock, only emphasizing the small window of time there was left before the ceremony.

"Wow" You whispered, eyes examining your hair and makeup with unrestrained awe. It was almost as if somebody else was looking at you through the mirror, someone beautiful and elegant.

Moments passed before Jeremy joined you in the mirror, eyes becoming wet and smile growing even wider. Just at his side stood Mike, trying to hide the fact he was also choking up, if his constipated expression was anything to go by.

"You look absolutely stunning, Vincent is going to love it" The smaller male spoke softly, emerald green eyes blinking rapidly to chase away the incoming tears. It was just like the young adult to get emotional over something like this, he was a child at heart. One of his greatest and softest qualities.

Mike shuffled slightly in his spot, "If he hurts you I'll kick his ass, alright?". The statement was crass and blunt, but it was by far the most expressive thing regarding feelings the man had ever shown. No matter how vulgar and rude he may get, he still cares for those he loves.

Your lips trembled as you turned around, opening your arms and waving them forward. Jeremy was the first to come forward, squeezing you tightly in a way that expressed how much he cared. His hair tickled your nose just as Mike crossed the room, lips upturning just slightly as he wrapped his arms around both you and Jeremy.