Insomnia

Vincent Bishop has never known a time where he has gotten a full night's rest, most of the time when he was actually asleep it only lasted for an hour at the most. Then, like every other night, he would sit up in his cold bed and stare into the darkness of his home.

Sometimes he would even go days without sleeping a wink, simply resting his eyes momentarily during the day in order to help his brain function properly. Even as a child he had this problem, all the other children making fun of him for the darkening bags beneath his bloodshot and tired eyes.

Of course his mother would try to help with the constant bullying, however, she wasn't exactly the best caregiver there ever was, her idea of comforting someone was simply staying quiet and pating your head from a respectable distance. Hell, she wasn't even home half of the time, the only time he would ever see her was early in the morning when she came stumbling into the house, her clothes ruffled and hair about as disheveled as her makeup.

At the time he simply thought she was working hard at her 'Night-shift at the local shop down the road' but as time dragged on and Vincent was no longer a child, he understood where his mother was going off to at night, at least he got the 'working hard' part correct.

At the age of 16 his mother died, she went out like every other night to her 'job', but she never came home, plastered all over the news was the findings of a deceased prostitute in a sewer about three blocks away, they apparently never found out the woman's identity but the tiniest turn of a camera and the dark blood colored hair she possessed and a dress to match proved to a purple haired newly orphaned teen who it was. After that his insomnia worsened, being on the run from police as they tried to stuff him into some cramped up orphanage where he would surely be prone to more bullying.

One day he found his safe haven, a little diner down the road, filled with children and animatronics, it went by the name Fazbear's Family Diner. The boss immediately accepted him as an employee, his job being to suit up the others in the two animatronic suits, Golden Bonnie (Springtrap.....*has war flashbacks*) and Golden Fredbear.

It was quite the risky job for someone his age, in fact the employee's lives and the establishment's depended on how well Vincent did his job. If he so much as overtightened or loosened one spring lock on the suit, it would be a gruesome and slow death for the occupant within the suit, and Fazbear's would be shut down for sure.

For the first two years he did really well, getting paid just enough to sustain himself in a tiny apartment about a block away, he wasn't exactly the happiest person in the world but he was neutral. When he had just turned 18, a terrible event happened, a bunch of teenagers seemed to think it would be a great idea to mess around with the leader of the group's brother.

He witnessed it happened as he was helping one of the employee's into the breathable suits required in order to be within one of the animatronic's (because sweat could trigger the spring locks to retract). Fredbear and Bonnie were playing on stage, both in animatronic mode, we had one simple rule, do not go past the red line at the edge of the stage during show time. The kids had their fair time interacting with the 'animatronics' when the employees were inside and controlling the suit, that way there would be no incident with one of the machines malfunctioning and hurting a child.

Before he could sprint across the room and capture the child being placed between the bear's jaw, it was too late. The laughing coming from the edge of the stage stopped, the crying also stopped, the dripping sounds coming after the gruesome crunch being that of blood...not tears.

Three of the teens quickly turned around and ran, their masks flying off just as the ran out the door, however, one stayed. The boy wore a fox mask, he looked to be about 16 or 17 by the body build and based on the quiet sobs escaping from behind the Velcro mask, it must have been his older brother.