Ill See You Again, Soon (Angst! Oneshot)

THIS EMOTIONAL CHAPTER IS A COLLAB BETWEEN ME AND KendallRed87 . WE CALLED AND TEXTED OVER THIS ROLLERCOASTER OF A CHAPTER, SO EVERY HEARTBREAKING DETAIL IS A SWIRLING VORTEX OF SADNESS FROM US BOTH.
(LISTEN TO THE SONG IN THE MEDIA BOX TO GET THE FULL SADNESS)

"Smile for the picture!".

Vincent looked up, momentarily blinded by the flash of a camera. Small dots of black spotted his vision as small hands tugged at his arm, babbling following in a cacophony of unintelligible speech.

It wasn't until spittle seeped through the fabric of his jeans did he finally regain his sense of sight. Pale (e/c) eyes looked up, small button nose slightly pink from being outside in his first snow. His and Y/N's first child, a beautiful baby boy with enough energy to spare.

Light seeped through the blinds nearby, casting rectangular shapes of orange along the hardwood floor. It was a sign that the sun was beginning to set, ending another day together as a family.

"I'll go get the blankets and we can go sit on the balcony" Y/N spoke, allowing the camera around her neck to fall limply against her still pregnancy induced belly. S/N was born only a few months ago, leaving behind more than just filled baby diapers and multiple bottles.

Vincent gave a smile, nodding his head as he gently cradled his son to his chest, watching purple hair bounce with the motion. Skin flecked with patches of (S/C) and purple dotted along his belly and arms, something the doctors said was a pigmentation disorder, but only made him all the more unique.

Feet clad in fuzzy socks braced against the floor, heaving himself and the baby up to walk towards their bedroom. The soft patter of water echoed from the kitchen, the sound of Y/N filling up another bottle with formula so S/N didn't get fussy and wake the neighbors. It was domestic, all a part of being a close family, something Vincent never really had.

A big smile spread along the father's face, swaying up the steps with a gentle bounce in order to calm the child. A face of both parents looked up, making various noises of squeals and incoherent muttering. A small sneeze further implemented the dust settling within the air.

"You look so much like your mother, you'll be a little heartbreaker when you grow up" He cooed, bumping his nose against the baby's cheek as he gave a loud squeal and hiccuping giggle.

In that moment, as he watched his wife fumble up the steps with a fluffy blanket in one arm and a bottle in the other, smiling widely as she looked at both him and their little bundle of joy. In that moment as he felt warmth unfurl within his chest and his heart squeeze. In that moment, Vincent fell even deeper in love.

//////////

S/N was now 6, having walked onto the bus that would take him to his first day of school. It was an emotional moment, one that left Y/N in tears and Vincent coughing desperately in order to hide his own. They clutched one another as the overpowering wave of realization crested above their heads, that their son was growing up.

Vincent didn't know what to do, most of his day beforehand had been filled with playing with his son. Just yesterday they had built a pillow fort and ate an unhealthy amount of grilled cheese, now, now he had no son and only a mountain of sheets and pillows for himself.

"Hey Vincent".

The man had only turned around for a millisecond when something smacked him in the face, something soft and plush. Pale eyes widened in surprise before looking down, staring at the pillow responsible.

A smile curled his lips, picking it up with gentle fingers. "Oh, it's on".

Times like this reminded him that no matter how old they became, that no matter how difficult things become, they are still very much in love.