College AU (Photographer!Reader x Mechanic!Vincent)

If you don't like photography then I don't know what to say😂just skip it if you want (I stayed up all night to write this so please read it)

"A large (Favorite Drink), please" You yawned, handing over a ten as the barista nodded and shoved the wrinkled bill into the register with a smack. Mornings are never your forte, they are always lazy and absolute torture, especially when you have to wake up so early.

The reason you were paying actual money to wake up before the sun does and go through hell was simple, College, the only thing worse than high school. A place where you know nobody and sit through hours of lectures that cover absolutely nothing, all so you can get a job and (you guessed it) wake up early in the morning.

"Here is your drink ma'am" a feminine voice called, making you swivel around and cast them a tired smile before grabbing your beverage and leaving. Classes started in about an hour so you had a little extra time to relax in the cool morning air, allowing fresh air to invade your lungs with a deep inhale.

The familiar bump against your stomach as you did so made you smile, looking down at the shiny object hanging from your neck. An expensive Canon camera that almost cost more than your school fees, its shiny surface gleamed with morning dew under the brightening sky.

Photography was your major, most of your time being spent on taking pictures for the school newspaper, a tiny organization run by many editors and journalists in training. Today was the day you were scheduled to take pictures of the Mechanic students, their base being set well across from the Art section in which you were located, it was at least a thirty minute walk away.

"Better get walking before the sun comes out" you huffed, shoving a hand into your jacket pocket while the other held onto your precious drink. Students trudged by with looks equivalent to prisoners, expressions set in a deep scowl as they clung many textbooks to their chest. By the looks of it they were all headed towards their designated class, nearly jogging in a hurry as nearby groups of friends dispersed in a flurry of goodbyes.

That's what you like about being the Newspaper's only photographer, you get out of most of your classes and still get credit due to your efforts in a school organization. You'd call it a win win, except for the times you managed to get a very resilient subject who clearly does not want their picture taken, or someone who demands to see the picture before you walk away and asks to take another because 'My left eye is squinty'. Nearly twelve pictures later and you are finally allowed to walk away and delete the others taking up precious space on your SD card.

"Hey Y/N! Guess who got a position in the newspaper with you" a very chipper voice called to your side, making you smile fondly and whip around in time to catch a sprinting Mangle. Her manicured nails dug into your shoulder as she twirled the both of you around excitedly, pink hair a flurry in the breeze and slightly distorted vision due to dizziness.

"I called up Jeremy and he got Fritz to open a position for me, now I get to go around and write down interesting things that are happening" She squealed, pulling a notepad and pen from her brightly colored bag, only a few scribbles here and there with tiny sticky notes stuck to the side. You gave her a smile and pat her back, going into a conversation on where her routes for this week were and a possible meet up later for lunch Friday.

Time ticked by and you were completely oblivious, that is, until your phone buzzed off, a text from Jeremy asking if you got the pictures yet.

"Shit! I have to go, talk to you later Mangle" You frantically stated as you began to run off, giving a wave as the building you were looking for came into view, fingers frantically pressing Jeremy's number in. It rang for a couple minutes, nothing but dead line until at the last ring, the speaker crackling as your friend's quiet voice came through the line.