Firemen and Ice-cream (One-Shot)

"Where the hell is he at!?" You whispered to yourself, furiously tapping into your phone another capitalized message. Tonight was date night for you and your boyfriend, you were supposed to meet at the local ice cream joint at six.

That was two hours ago.

"Ma'am, are you ready to order yet??" The bubbly blonde waitress asked you, her bright eyes resembling a color close to Violet. You offered her a nod as she once again walked off, manicured nails clicking against her order book. At this point it was quite obvious what was going on, you weren't stupid, but a part of you still clung onto hope.

The feeling of many eyes stung your skin like acid, only making the situation even more humiliating than it previously was. The last thing you needed at the moment was pity from complete strangers, no, you needed the asshole to show up.

"Fuck this" you muttered, typing in an angry message to your now ex-boyfriend as you deleted the contact from your phone completely. The entire parlor seemed to go quiet as bystanders to your mental breakdown looked on with judgmental eyes, boring holes into your skull with whispers and pitiful noises. Tears slightly pricked your eyes as the situation took hold, eliciting a large sigh and grunt from your lips, burying your face into your crossed arms.

An entire month of lies was all your relationship seemed to have been, bittersweet kisses and fake flirting. The sound of shuffling and lighthearted chuckling made you immediately look up, tear blurred eyes catching a figure writhing in the booth across from you. "Sorry babe, got caught in some crazy traffic" they called loudly, successfully causing the heads looking at you to swivel around to their own food. A sound of confusion barked from your throat at the newcomer, not recognizing the voice whatsoever.

"My name is Vincent, just go with it, whoever didn't bother to show up is an asshole" they whispered, slightly leaning across your shared table as hands shuffled to adjust their clothing. The distraction allowed you to wipe at your eyes, sniffling pathetically into your sleeve as red dusted your cheeks quite quickly. Internally you thanked every known higher power that you decided to wear waterproof makeup today, eyeing your tear soaked sleeves.

Out the corner of your eye you noticed the blonde waitress make her way back over, a big smile on her face as she gave you a wink. "What may I get you two?" She chirped, fishing out the tiny book from her waistband quickly and smoothly, placing the ballpoint pen against its surface. You had yet to glance at the phony boyfriend across from you, so you simply muttered your order into the table.

"Chocolate will be fine" 'Vincent' answered, the waitress giving a nod as she left in a flurry of tapping heels and hums. A breath of relief blew from your pursed lips, shaky hand running through your hair with some resistance, "Thank you".

A quick glance upwards inevitably cause direct eye contact, your own eyes staring into white ones. A soft smile shaped the man's face along with shaggy purple hair, his fit form enclosed in a nice jacket along with jeans and a pair of converse from what you could tell from underneath the table. "No problem, as I said before, whoever didn't show up is a twat" He grunted, arms folding politely atop one another on the sticky tabletop.

A couple moments of awkward silence followed the statement, the chatter picking up quickly now that you weren't the center of attention. The embarrassment from before was still there, but now leaning towards the fact you were caught by the handsome stranger across from you in a pity date.

"You don't have to do this, I know you don't want to" You spoke up, picking slightly at the peeling paint under your hands, a frown etched onto your face. A sound akin to that of offense erupted from the other, broad hands shooting out to grab your own. Out of instinct you flinched, eyes flickering towards the stranger in both slight fear and surprise.