24. On the Run

2 days ago

Blaise was not in the right state of mind.  He had been slipping and Draco wasn't here to keep him in check. Pansy would be useless in this situation. As much as he loved her, he had to admit that she was self-absorbed at times and he would never hear the end of it if he asked her for help.  He needed another fix. He had promised that he would stop but the nightmares kept coming.  He had gotten a message from an unknown number last night and he was now hyperaware of his surroundings.

I see you.

 Three simple words that sent him panicking. The sense of unease was tenfold now. He was spiraling out of control. Without those drugs, he wouldn't survive.

There was a pharmacy not far from here. He could try to get some over the counter drugs for him just to relieve the pain. It wouldn't be enough though. It'll raise suspicion too.  A large order of over the counter drugs?  He could get it from the right people but it would have little effect on him at this point. He would need something stronger. I have to leave. Get out and go somewhere else. But where? 

"Where are you going?" Pansy asked as he was making his way outside.

"Fresh air." 

"You can get fresh air from your balcony."

" The exercise is good."

"It's cold out there."

"I've got my coat," he said gesturing to the one in his hand he had yet to adorn

"I'll come with you," she said grabbing hers

"Don't do that. You hate the cold. I don't know how long I'll feel like walking for. I'll be back soon."

"I could use the exercise too. I'll come back if it gets too cold for me.

"I want to walk alone Pansy." His tone made her falter in her steps and look at him as he stalked out of the house.  He quickly made his way around the corner and flagged down a taxi. 

"Where to?" The driver asked

"Airport."

"No luggage?" He said pulling away from the curb.

"An impromptu flight."

"The  missus getting bored without you?" He chuckled

"Something like that."

He used cash to pay for two first-class tickets.  He was already beginning to get agitated and didn't want or need anyone next to him on what would only be a hellishly long flight. He was irritable enough as it was. It was only then when seated on the plane that he finally relaxed. Next stop, paradise.