5. Persuasion

Pansy was beautiful, rich, spoiled and young. She could have almost any man she wanted. Almost. Draco Malfoy, the film director, and war hero was the exception to the rule.  He had slipped through her fingers years ago and she had been desperately trying to get him back.

"Hello." He answered the phone and she closed her eyes at his husky voice which brought back memories.

"I need you." She purred into the phone wrapping the cord around her finger.

"The feeling isn't mutual. Cut to the chase." He said. She pouted. He always dismissed her. This time the matter was urgent. 

"You have to come to him Draco. Blaise called. He was there at the terminal during the shooting. He's worse than ever! Everyone knows his fear is reasonable! I could barely understand him over the phone, please Draco please!" She begged.

"Good Lord Pansy, I was there six months ago. Put him in a sanatorium, find him another therapist or a woman for god's sake. I can't be there to babysit all the time!" Draco was in the foyer of the main house. His father's staff had handed him the cordless phone upon entry and stood with towels and a suit of clothes waiting for his instruction. 

"They are using him! You and I both know that! Using his nerves and that nasty drug habit that he can't quit. He's terrified! No one could get to him in the state he's in. He'll only listen to you!"

"I can't this time Pansy I'm racing soon and my film starts the day after." Draco had begun unfastening his helmet one-handedly 

"You owe me!"

"I can't keep paying for that mistake forever Pansy." He sighed using his mouth to get his gloves off.

"My brother can't either."

"I'll come but I must be back by Monday." Draco sighed rubbing the back of his neck

"We're in Lyon."

"This is the last time Pansy, the very last." He ended the call and punched the number for the stables.

"Tell Oliver to get the jet fuelled we leave in an hour." He took off his riding boots with a dramatic flair and slipped on the footwear that was placed on the floor for him.

"Thank you. Would you mind placing those in my room? And pack an overnight bag, would you?" The men and women gave their word and went off to their respective duties.  Draco stalked into the living room nodding to his father and heading straight for the bar mixing himself a drink.

"Sin of the youth?" Lucius mused

"With Pansy around, I'm never going to forget them." 

"Is it young Zabini?"

"What else could it possibly be?" Draco turned to face his father as he sipped is drink

"Isn't there some sort of place to treat his variety of problems?" Lucius suggested

"He's considered most of them, never gone through with them."

"I understand this whole fiasco but tell me, what excuse do I give to your mother?"

Narcissa was proud of her champion boy. She encouraged his riding and filming pursuits tremendously. She was his most loyal fan. She always held social events every time he had a premiere or a race and this time was no different. 

"How long is the list?" Draco sighed. He would be dead tired and in np mood for social interaction once he returned from Lyon but he would hate to disappoint his mother.

"I'm unsure, but all her guests are eagerly waiting to meet her 'darling boy.'"

"Tell Mother I'll be back in time." 

"Of course."

"Don't tell her I went to Blaise. You know how much she worries." Draco downed his glass and placed it on the countertop

"You have my word."

"I did tell Pansy this was the last time right?"

"Yes. You were very emphatic about it too."

"Then I'm on my last mission of mercy. Ciao" He waved before walking out the room and up the stairs to his en suite 

"Godspeed." His father murmured thinking of excuses that would hopefully please Narcissa.