28. Plans

She was like a breath of fresh air. One that he desperately needed. His urges were slowly going down away in as he watched her walk through the gardens of his villa from the balcony. She enjoyed the new plants his gardener has planted recently. He didn't care much for the fragile things but he found himself quite content with watching her delight with his garden.  She noticed him watching and looked up smiling and waving at him before turning around to explore some more.

He surveyed his options. By now, Pansy would have noticed that he was gone and would have already called Draco, who was probably already retracing his steps. He would probably be found out within the week. He had two options, either enjoy his breath of fresh air or face the issues head-on. Small arms circled his waist and a sweet smell surrounded him. He'd much rather live in the moment and enjoy it. He would tackle the second option later

"What are you thinking about?" She asked

"You." Her laughed sounded like bells and he turned to face her capturing her lips in a fierce hold. She responded immediately and just as fiercely. They broke apart for air and looked at each other, words unspoken. Their trance was interrupted by a knock on the door. He sighed and rolled his eyes as he called out 

"Yes?" He asked

"Sorry to disturb you sir but Miss Parkinson has called."

"What what did you tell her?"

"I let her know that we hadn't seen or heard from you at all."

"Thank you Helen. I appreciate it."

"Your welcome sir." 

"Why are you avoiding your sister?" Monique asked 

"Because she's downright annoying and panicking for no reason." He shrugged

"That's because she's worried about you."

"She doesn't have to be."

"Well if you give her enough reason she's bound too." She shrugged 

"Are you sure you're a flight attendant?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"With all this persuasive logic one would think that you are a therapist."

She blushed, "I'm sorry. It's out of habit."

"It's alright. I like it. Usually people never ask me questions about that kind of stuff."

"What do they usually ask?"

"My company, money nothing to do with me as a person."

"Is that why you take the drugs?" She asked looking at him squarely 

"Not at first. My friend and I started it as an escape from things we didn't want to face. He got clean and made a name for himself. I did too, for a while but then I made a deal with the wrong person. I was shit faced drunk and high so after I realized I dropped the deal but he put a bomb in my car and that's when I started back."

"My father used to do the same thing, get drunk I mean." 

"Oh?" He was intrigued.

"My mother died after she gave birth to my youngest brother. He was mad at her because she got pregnant. Which is ironic if you ask me. She didn't handle it well and she wanted his approval. She wanted him to see that this baby wasn't a mistake.  She ended up hemorrhaging. I started to hate him for it and he started drinking and then drugs. I guess back then it was his way of dealing with the fact that he never accepted my mother's pregnancy and he thought it was his fault that she ended up dying. I had to step up and take care of everyone because he stopped working. He tried a couple of times to quit but eventually died and when I was old enough I went to look for a proper job."

"Where are they now? Your siblings?"

"Joanna, the one after me, she's 19. A pretty good seamstress, she goes to evening classes to get her qualifications. Julian and Julia, the twins are 16, they work part-time at a restaurant and bakery and then Jonathon the youngest he's 4 now and he stays at home with Joanna."

"Is that why you won't stay with me?"

"I'm staying until the end of the week. I have a job to get back to."

"No, I meant to come live with me?"

She looked at him as if she were in pain. "I want to but-"

"Your brothers and sisters can come too. I don't mind. I've got more than enough space."

"That won't be right."

"Why not?" 

"Because I just met you and..."

"You've been comfortable no? You came on your own accord. You could have said no."

"As if you wouldn't have found some way to get me here?" She raised an eyebrow at him and he laughed.

"But really let them come. I adore children."

"But you-" She was afraid to say it but they both knew what she wanted to say.

"I haven't touched anything in the last 72 hours."

"And last night?" She asked. He had woken her up with his god awful dry heaving.

"I'm working on it. Just say yes."

"Blaise-"

"At least consider it." He pleaded with her and he could see that she was at war with herself. It was nice to set responsibilities aside and feel free once again. He gave her that but she still needed to consider her family. How would they cope with the change?

'I'll think about it."

"Good. Now in the meantime...." He reached over and lifted her so that she was now straddling him and she dropped her head to meet his lips in a toe-curling kiss. He rolled them over and she laughed. 'Yes.' He thought she was indeed a breath of fresh air.

Meanwhile in Bulgaria

He had been awake for four hours now. Going over the highlights from the press conference and the headlines on the tabloids. Malfoy and Hermione Granger?! He almost choked on air. He thought that they had hated each other. He and Hermione had had a little fling. She was lovely he would admit that, but after he left Hogwarts they drifted apart. He hadn't thought about her in years and now she was involved with one of his targets?

"Good news sir,"  Kai said walking into his office

"Did you manage to get the girl after all?"

"N-no sir."

"So what is the good news then?"

 "Zabini has left Lyon." He sat up.

"When?"

"Two to three days. He got on a flight we should figure out which one shortly.

"Good. Any other developments?"

"No, sir."

"You are excused."

He no longer needed the girl. Blaise was a ticking time bomb all on his own. They wouldn't have to wait long before they knew his whereabouts. Malfoy would be on his trail soon enough and then they could strike. For now, he would be patient. For now, he would wait.