39. Unexpected Surprise

"The calvary is about to come knocking on our door. We can't go out the way we came." Harry stated after Johnny knocked the damsels in distress out. 

"We can still use the windows. Zipline to the nearest building."  Jhonny suggested.

"We can't cover our asses with this amount of ammo," Draco said.

"Well, whatever we decide to do we better make it quick," Harry said as he looked about the room. The ceiling here was considerably higher than the way they came. The front balcony was definitely a no go.

"Those windows open at all?" Draco asked Jhonny interrupting Harry's train of thought

"The bottom ones don't they're sealed shut. We'll have to climb." 

An echo sounded from outside the room. Someone was desperately trying to get in. 

"Let's make it quick," Harry said as he and Draco both got into position to hoist Jhonny onto the windowsill. He quickly got the window open and was handed the grappling hook. The sky was noticeably brighter. The rest of the city was slowly waking. Fire services were headed to the north side of the building where the majority of explosives had detonated.All the attention would be there no one would even think to look in this direction. Johnny aimed and fired the device watching as it stretched to its full length before reaching the closest building. 

"If we really need it, go ahead with the contingency plan"

"I get to use them?" Jhonny asking grinning like a child on Christmas morning.

"I said if  we need it."

"Awesome. See you guys on the other side. " Johnny said as he jumped onto the line and slid across onto the rooftop. Draco watched as he slowly made his way, jumping from building to building to the first one they had climbed up t to

"Your turn Harry." 

"I'd just like to say that this is the most exhilarating time I've had in a few years and that is saying something,"  Harry said just before he pushed off from the line

"Glad I could be of service." Draco laughed as he patted Harry's back,  propelling him across the line.

As he set up to make his way across. The door finally burst open. A lone soldier came through and immediately assessed the situation. He raised alarm and looked about the room noticing Draco's fleeting figure. Harry had safely made his way across and joined Jhonny who was making some last-minute adjustments to his device when he heard the shots. Draco was just halfway across the line and was being assaulted with gunfire. Harry stepped into action, swiftly aiming through the sniper they left on the rooftop and went to work, shooting any person that came into view. He continued his onslaught until Draco made his way to them. 

"All done Jhonny?" Draco asked

"Just about." 

"Let it rip." 

Jhonny placed the large canister on his shoulder and fired.  He had been waiting to use his custom made bazooka all night. The fiery blast was sent straight into the enemy's camp. Panic ensued.  Several blasts went off from even more explosives he had strategically placed. 

Harry whistled. "Nice touch."

"That last one was pure luck." 

"Still a beauty though."

"That it was. So what now?"

" We go home," Draco replied as they made a quick exit off the roof and off the streets. 

The city was more than alive now. Sirens blared through the early morning and the community had all come out in their nightwear to witness the spectacle. No one took notice of the three men who tailed after each other. All the local news stations were on the scene and soon the world would know, that Viktor Krum was now dead.