8. Homeward Bound & Surveillance

Draco spent the next few days with a cranky, agitated ex-brother-in-law and drank copious amounts of coffee. He brought a sweater when Blaise shivered and took it off when he began sweating. As promised, he hand-fed French toast with fresh raspberries and in return Blaise co-operated without complaint. They sat on the balcony outside his bedroom watching the scenery each evening when the sun went down. They spoke about everything avoiding the main reason for Blaise's current state. Blessedly Pansy had left Draco alone much to his surprise. 

"If Viktor wants those prototypes from you he won't kill you. He needs you alive remember that." Draco said as he got ready to head home.

"They could kidnap me," Blaise said as he looked at Draco. "I can't stand pain Draco, you know that I don't want any torture."

"Blaise-"

"And with the current mood of the board, they won't exchange anything for me." He went on.

"You own the company you daft fool. You own their livelihood. Don't forget that. If they forget that  Pansy would raise hell."

Blaise chuckled "Keep in mind though, not everyone is brave enough to go off and join the army. That genome is lacking in my DNA."

"That was pure luck."

"Don't I know it?" Blaise grinned.

"Come with me. There's enough room on the jet.  You can cheer me on at my race tomorrow there'll be an after-party even if I don't win, they wouldn't be completely tame."

"Next time. I promise." 

"Try to stay straight.  Krum isn't quite as frightening when you're off the stuff."

"I'm going to try. Really. I'm not that shaky today aren't I?" Blaise asked as he put his hands out in front of him.  He was still sickly pale but the bags under his eye had lessened and the tremor in his hands was almost gone. He had also put on some of the weight he had lost. He was much improved but still had a long way to go

"You look great," Draco 

The men on surveillance that morning noted in their log that Draco Malfoy left the Zabini house at ten that morning. It was marked 'Draco Malfoy/Lyon' and sent to Krum. Blaise was always being monitored by Krum's staff. To their employer's dissatisfaction, he was cutting back on his excessive drug abuse. The purpose was to figure out the reason. Zabini was indeed easier to manipulate under the influence and he still had his eye on what he deemed to be his. Of course, Malfoy was a part of it. Viktor knew that Draco was someone of importance to Blaise. He just didn't know yet exactly how he could make use of it. In the meantime, however, the surveillance would continue.