Prologue - Smile

Maka's PoV

I walked through the DWMA, it was recess. My blonde pigtails bouncing slightly with each step I took, I smiled. I walked for about five minutes, I got lost in thought as I walked.
I was laughing in a meadow with a boy, he had passed me a rose and said he'd always loved me, I felt my cheeks warm up.
I bumped into someone, falling on top of them.
"I'm so sorry," I said covering my face from the embarrassment.
"Its okay," a boy's voice said. I peeked through my fingers, slowly removing them from my face, I saw black hair and white stripes, golden mesmerizing eyes. I realized it was Death the Kid. I quickly sat up, I was sitting on his legs.
"Maka, are you okay?" He asked softly.
I slowly moved off his legs, he got up and extended his hand towards me, helping me up.
"I was lost in thought, but I'm okay," I smiled.
"Oh, I have something I'd like to ask," Kid smiled softly, his cheeks turning a soft pink colour.
"Ask away," I smiled back.
"Well you know how there's a school dance in a couple of days," Kid said, darting his eyes between mine and the window.
"Yeah?" I asked my heart slightly racing faster then usual.
"I was wondering if.. You'd like to come with me..?" Kid asked, locking his eyes with me.
"I.. I .. I'd love to go with you, Kid," I smiled. I was glad I bumped into him, actually I was hoping he'd ask me. But, that's because I've always had feelings for Kid, Soul knows how I feel towards Kid and supports how I feel.
"Great, I'll pick you up at eight," Kid smiled.
I knew it started at eight thirty, I giggled though, "That's just like you."
"Symmetry is key," Kid smiled.
"Yeah it is," I heard Soul's voice from behind Kid, his voice was kind of sarcastic, I peered over and saw him, smiling. Had he been watching us? I'll have to ask him later, in Stein's class.
"We have to get to class guys," I said.
"Wait, one more think Maka.." He said slowly, "Can we hangout after school?"
"Well, sure, you would have to come over to Soul's and my apartment though, as it is my turn to cook, I said as Soul walked up to us.
"He's welcome to take you out tonight, you don't have to cook, I'm right with grabbing takeout," Soul said as we all started walking.
"Soul your the best!" I smiled and hugged my weapon.
"I'll pick you up at 4?" Kid asked.
"Sure, sounds perfect," I looked at Kid. I felt Soul pick me up and put me on his shoulders.
"One thing Maka, don't stay out to late, if you don't come home I might not be able to get for school," Soul laughed as we entered the classroom.
"Soul, put Maka down, class is about to begin," Stein said.
"Of course professor," Soul said putting me down.