Chapter Seventeen, Three Little Words

Third Person PoV (About a year later)

Kid and Maka were sitting at a table, chatting playful. They haven't said those three little words, but they aren't little words yet? It was coming up to their anniversary, Kid planned on saying the three words then. April second, almost a year. One week off it being a year.
Kid had planned on taking Maka to the waterfall,  which was fitting, considering they'd told each other they liked one another there almost a year ago.

"Maka," Kid said, suddenly in a serious tone.
"Yes Kid?" Maka asked slightly nervous.
"On the second of April, I'm taking you to the waterfall," Kid smiled, a gentle warm caring smile.
"That's our anniversary, right?" Maka smiled.
"Yeah. It might be a little cheesy, like all them romantic movies, but I don't really care," Kid laughed, playful again.

Maka's PoV

I was getting dressed for my date with Kid.
It was the second of April. Maka was wearing a little black babydoll dress, colored with white SK that it would match Kid's outer shirt, she was wearing her skull necklace and headband, hair braided with her skull headband.
Maka twirled around, playfully, she was listening to Criminal by Britney Spears.
She had her own little room, with a dancefloor, her dresser that she'd been given as a present for her birthday.
Maka sofrlt sang along with the lyrics.
"But Mama I'm in love with a criminal, and this love isn't rational, its physical, Mama please dong cry, I will be alright, all reason aside I can't deny, I love the guy."
There was a loud knock at the door.
"Come in," Maka said, pausing her music.
"Ready princess?" Kid walked in, he was wearing his usual symmetrical outfit.
"Yes prince," Maka blushed, walking over to him.

Kid and I arrived at the waterfall, they had a picnic and everything.
I had a small box with me, it contained a bracelet matching Kid's watch. I was planning to give that to him for our anniversary.
"Kid," I said, grabbing the box, it was small enough to fit in my skirt pocket.
"What's in there Maka?" Kid asked, curious.
"Open in," I smiled passing him the box.
He opened the box, his eyes widening, astonishment written all over his voice, "It's beautiful and symmetrical, and it matches my watch," Kid smiled.
Kid rustled around for something in his pocket, there was a little green box, he passed it to me.
"What is it?" I asked, blushing.
"If you open it, you'll see," Kid said.
I slowly opened it. It was a set of skull rings, identical to his. I had always admired his to rings. My eyes light up. I slid them into my fingers, giggling as I saw Kid had already put his present on.
We had finished eating, we had everything packed up. Kid set aside the basket. He had his wraps wrapped around my waist, my arms around her neck, my heart pounding in my chest. We were slow dancing.

Kid's PoV

Maka and I danced like that for awhile, with no music, just the sound of the waterfall.
"Maka, I have something I would like to tell you," I said, staring into her beautiful green eyes.
Maka nodded as she blushed.
"I love you, Maka," I whispered to her.
"I love you too, Kid," she smiled.
I leaned in to kiss her. I kissed her softly.

"How was the date? Did you tell her?" Soul asked.
We'd been sitting talking in the living space for a while.
"It went great," I smiled, I showed Soul the bracelet Maka gave me.
"I see she keeps you calm," Soul laughed.
"How's thing's with Liz and you?" I asked Soul.
"Fine, I guess," Soul smiled, "Have you and Maka exchanged those three little words yet?"
"We did actually, today. How about you and Liz?" I asked.
"We exchanged them a couple months ago," Soul said with a wink, "So, how come you had sex before telling her those three words?"
"Because that's how it happened," I said with a sigh.
"Do you regret it?" Soul asked.
"No, I don't, it's just.. dad called me afterwards, Maka was asleep, but dad saw the clothes thrown across my bed. He's not told Spirit, that's a relief," I explained.
"Did your dad go off at you?" Soul questioned.
"No, he was quite supportive," I smiled a little, "This was the day Maka and I went on the mission.."
"Which mission?" Soul laughed.
"The one with Crona, and that witch," I explained.
"Ah, wow, busy day?" Soul laughed a little.
"Actually, that probably wasn't the worst of it, for me anyway. Dad may have seen Maka's chest, with a bra, but.. She did grab my shirt and out it on that day so, my father decided he'd check on me and have me and Maka report the things that happened before Stein and Spirit had arrived," I explained.
"Wait, seems like your dad has terrible timing, that sucks," Soul put his hand on my shoulder.
"It doesn't matter," I laughed.