Chapter Twenty, Undying Love

Kid's PoV

Maka was taking forever to come back from speaking with Crona, then again I know how the little boy is.
I carried Patti to her room, she had fallen asleep, actually scratch that, cried her self in sleep in my arms, Patti called me big brother while she cried. I carried her on my back because I found that easiest. I laid Patti on her bed, covered her up with her blankets and turned the light off as I shut the door behind me.
I walked down the hallway, I reached Crona's room, I heard mumbling, I knocked on the door.
"Come in," I heard Maka's voice, I opened the door and shut it behind me.
"Patti's sleep," I put my hand on my head, "How is he?" I asked Maka, she had a mumbling Crona in her arms, and a Ragnarok trying to help.
"Its about time you showed up. Crona's a mess," Ragnarok said.
"I had a fight with Patti and I don't know how to deal with that," Crona mumbled.
"Shh, its okay," I walked over to them, I patted Crona's head, "It'll be okay."
"But Hell's in your head," Crona said, he had a completely different expression on his face.
"Crona!" Maka said loudly, "Snap out of it."
Crona didn't snap out of it. His expression getting scary.
"Crona," Ragnarok slapped him, surprising Maka and I.
"Ow, Ragnarok that hurts and I don't know how to deal with that," Crona said, returning to his usual self.
"Are you gonna be okay now?" Maka asked Crona softly, concern in her voice.
"I'm fine. As long as Ragnarok keeps an eye on me," Crona said, pushing Maka away, "Thank you, both of you."
"That's okay. We're weren't doing anything useful," I said, I looked at Maka, she had a smile on her face, but she had a little sadness in her eyes.
"We should go," Maka said getting up, "We'll see you in the morning, Crona," Maka opened the door, she grabbed my hand and I shut the door behind me, smiling at Crona as I closed it.
Maka walked down the hallway, towards our room, "What? Is kissing me not useful?" She said, letting go of my hand.
"That's not what I meant," I said, grabbing her wrist. She turned to face me, she didn't look up at me, I couldn't see her eyes.
"You sounded so sure before," she said, tears running down her face.
"Maka," I pulled her into a hug, I didn't feel her arms wrap around me, her arms stayed still, at her sides.
"What Kid?" Hurt clear in her voice.
"I'm sorry, you know how that child is though," I said, kissing the top of her head.
"Its.. okay," Maka mumbled, slowly bringing her head up, I wiped her tears away.
"Shh, I'm here, I'll always be with you," I told her, "I love you."
"I love you, too," Maka said, really quietly.