Chapter Thirteen, New Mission

Maka's PoV

Kid had told me that his father wanted to see us. We were walking into the Death Room, I was holding Kid's hand, I didn't know why, but I was scared.
We saw Lord Death, Spirit and Stein were also there.
"Hey hey hey," Lord Death smiled.
"Dad, what'd you need? Do we have another mission?" Kid asked his father.
I looked over at Papa, he was staring at Kid's and my hands, I gripped Kid's tightly, and hid behind him, blushing like crazy.
"Maka, its okay, I approve," I heard Papa say.
I peeked out, "Really?" I asked.
"You were going to grow up sooner or later," Spirit said, smiling, he had a sad look in his eyes.
"That's not why we wanted to see you though," Stein said.
"Why do you want to see us Professor?" I asked Stein.
"We need you both to go and find something," Lord Death said.
"What is this thing, dad?" Kid asked his father.
"We need you to find someone," Stein corrected Death.
"Who?" Kid and I both said.
"Maka's mother," Spirit said.
"Can you find her, Death Scythe?" Kid asked my father.
"Its a task only you two can do," Lord Death said.
"Only we can?" I repeated, I started trembling.
"Yes. Last person who saw her, she she was around a lake. Not just any lake, the forbidden lake in Italy," Lord Death explained, "Spirit and I would try, but as you know I can't leave Death City, and she probably want listen to Spirit."
"Oh... Why's Stein here then?"
"I'm coming with you. We leave tomorrow morning," Stein said.
"Why are you coming?" Kid asked Stein.
"Because you might need backup, and in case one of you needs help," Stein said, "Maka's mother and I also have unfinished busines."
"Alright, we'll head out at ten in the morning, meet us here, Stein," Kid said.
I was trembling again. I didn't know why. I didn't want to tremble. I collapsed.