Chapter Two, Beautiful Light

Maka's PoV

I sat at the dresser Kid, Soul, Tsubaki and everyone else had gotten my for my birthday, I decided I'd braid my hair, I was wearing a simple black baby doll dress with a white collar, black flats and black and white thigh high tights, only my usual outfit for a Saturday, I some days I'd west shorts or something, but this was comfortable. I finished braiding my hair, I placed it over my left shoulder and smiled at my reflection.
I walked out of my bedroom.
"Hey Maka, you look good," Soul smiled, "But your missing something," Soul said.
"Missing what?" I asked, curious.
"Give me a second," Soul walked out of the living space into his room, I heard rustling, I looked over at the clock, it said three fifty five, I had five minutes until Kid picked me up.
Soul came back into the living space with a small black box, it had a headband in it with three little skulls, and a matching necklace, "I know it's early, but in a week its our Meister and Weapon Anniversary, I got these for you, I'm giving them to you early because of your date with Kid, I know he'll treat you right," Soul smiled putting the box down on the coffee table and putting the necklace on me and then the headband. I stood there, speechless.
I finally grasped my words, "They are perfect, I said, your the best weapon," I said, smiling.
"You look amazing," I heard Kid's voice.
"And I let this guy in for you," Soul laughed.
I blushed, I hid my face with my hands.
"Don't be embarrassed," Kid said.
I heard footsteps coming closer to me, Kid's footsteps, I slowly removed my hands for my blushing face, "I'm not embarrassed."
"Are you ready to go?" Kid asked.
"Yes," I giggled.
"Be safe you two," Soul said.
"We will be," Kid said, sliding his hand into mine and leading me out an open front door.