Chapter Fourteen, The Dance

Maka's PoV

I woke up in Kid's bed, I was wearing everything expect my shoes and outer shirt.
I sat up, slowly.
"Your awake," I heard someone say, it sounded like Professor Stein, I looked around, I saw the Professor in a chair, next to Kid's little bedside stand.
I heard faint snoring, I looked down, Kid was asleep on my lap.
"What happened?" I asked quietly.
"You collapsed in the Death Room," Stein said.
"How long have I been out?" I asked.
"A couple hours," Stein said.
"Why's Kid asleep?" I asked.
"Boredom, I guess," Stein laughed a little.
"What's the time?" I asked.
"About one," Stein said.
I felt Kid move, I heard him groan, I looked down. Kid was waking up. I ruffled his hair with my fingers.
"Is the dance still on tonight?" I asked.
"Yes, just be careful not to over exhaust yourself before tomorrow," Stein said.
"Holy crap, I'm sorry Stein, I'm sorry I fell asleep," Kid said sitting up.
"It was interesting, watching you two mumble. It made me want to dissect you both," Stein said.
"Professor!" I said.
"I'm just kidding, mostly," Stein laughed.
"I'll go report back to Lord Death, don't do anything I wouldn't do, kids," Stein said getting up.
"Alright," Kid and I both said as Stein walked out, shutting the door.
"I'm sorry," I whispered to Kid.
"Its okay," Kid smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. He did the same with the other side. "Your so beautiful, Maka," he kissed my forehead.
"And your so handsome," I kissed Kid's cheek.
"Would you like to watch a movie?" Kid asked.
"Can we watch the Immortal Instruments City of Bones?" I asked.
"You like that movie too?" Kid asked, wide eyed.
"I love it," I giggled.
Kid got up, helping me off his bed, we walked out of his room, walking into Kid's living space. Kid put the movie into his DVD player, and we started cuddling as the movie played.

Kid's PoV

I did up the buttons for my tuxedo, I sighed softly.
Maka walked into my room. She was wearing a long black free flowing dress, black flats and black see though stockings, she had the necklace and headband Soul had given her on too, she looked so amazing.
I had a matching skull tie on. My usual other clothing on, just fancier. I had my hair parted slightly, symmetrically balanced.
"You look amazing," I smiled at her, I walked over to her, pulling her into a hug.
"And so do you," Maka smiled.
I kissed her, softly. She giggled.

Maka's PoV

Kid and I walked over to the dance floor, dancing, I felt safe, relaxed, calm and even happy in Kid's arms.
Kid had both his arms around my waist, mine around his neck, foreheads touching, swaying slowly to the music. We danced like that for a long time.
Spirit walked over to us, "Can I have one dance with my little girl?"
"Of course you can, Death Scythe," Kid said.
"After this song," I said quietly, placing my head on Kid's shoulder with a quiet sigh.
"Well okay Maka," Spirit said, he walked over to the wall, leaning against it.
The song that was playing was All About Us by He Is We. I kissed Kid, with passion.
"This is our song," Kid whispered to me.
I giggled, "You make everything alright."
"And symmetrical," Kid said.
I giggled again, "Of course," I moved his bangs and kissed her forehead.
The sing came to and end, Kid unwrapped his arms, I pulled him in for a kiss and walked over to Papa.
Startear by AmaLee started playing, Papa and I walked onto the dance floor, dancing to melody of the music.
"I can't believe my little girl's growing up," Spirit said, "Personally, I'm unhappy it had to be so soon. But realizing I trust my boss' son with your heart was hard."
"Papa, I'm still your little girl, even though you did Mama wrong," I sighed.
"Thank you, Maka," Spirit smiled.