Chapter 23.

(continued...)

"Alright well our tests conclude that the father is..." The doctor says, beginning the sentence that will forever change my life.

My hands shake wildly in my lap. This is it. This is the moment that I've been waiting for, for months. This is the moment that determines my happiness. This is either where everything begins or everything ends.

"Mr. Harry Styles..." The doctor murmurs, smiling up from his paperwork.

My heart quickens and tears for in my eyes as soon as the words are released from his mouth.

"Really? I'm the father?" Harry whispers, smiling slightly.

"Yes sir, that's what our tests say..." The doctor smiles with a quick nod.

"Oh my God..." Harry laughs, shaking his head.

"Would you three like a moment to yourselves for a minute or two?" The doctor asks as he stands up behind his desk.

"Uh, yes please..." Harry nods, smiling over at me.

I'm still in shock. No words can describe how I'm feeling right now. It's finally over. We can finally move forward now.

"Charlie..." Harry whispers, clutching on to my hand.

I slowly move my focus from the dark wood desk to Harrys' gleaming green eyes. A smirk plastered across his perfect face. He laughs quietly and places a few small kisses on my still shaking hand.

"I should uh, let you guys talk..." Daniel murmurs in the corner, walking towards the door.

"No, uh, we'll talk once we're home. It's you two that should talk..." Harry says, nodding at Daniel.

"I don't think she wants to talk to me..." Daniel murmurs, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"No. No, I do..." I whisper, gazing over at him.

"Alright. Well, I'll let you two talk then..." Harry smiles, standing up from his seat.

"Thanks..." Daniel says, nodding his head.

"No problem mate..." Harry smiles, walking out of the room.

"Harry?" Daniel asks, turning around to catch Harrys' attention.

"Yeah?" Harry asks, turning around slowly.

"Congratulations..." Daniel nods, forming his lips into a firm line.

"Yeah, thanks..." Harry says, smiling wisely as he exits the room.

"So, that was stressful huh?" Daniel laughs, sitting next to me.

"Daniel, I'm so sorry..." I begin.

"No, I'm sorry. I took advantage of your emotions when I should have been a friend to you..." Daniel says, leaning forward in his chair.

"I wanted you to take advantage of me..." I whisper, shaking my head.

"No you didn't Charlie. You were trying to get even with Harry..." Daniel laughs, shaking his head.

"Maybe, but I really did like you..." I whisper, shrugging my shoulders carefully.

"Well, that doesn't matter anymore. At least all of this is behind us..." Daniel nods, clasping his hands together.

"Yeah..." I whisper, nodding with him.

Now that all of this is over, I feel terrible for how I've treated Daniel. I was so afraid that he was the father that I treated him as I would my daily garbage. As much as I despised him before we knew the test results, it wasn't fair to treat him that. Daniel isn't a bad guy, he never has been. He's basically been the punching bag for Harry and I these past few months, of course him being Harrys' litreral punching bag only last week.