Chapter 33.

"I'm sorry but I think we might need to bring Gracie earlier than planned..." The doctor says, sighing loudly with her announcement.

"There's no way. It's too early..." Harry whispers, shaking his head.

"Well, we looked at her through the ultrasound and she looks really healthy. I think that if we do everything slowly and properly, she should be perfectly fine." The doctor nods.

"She still has like a month and a half to go..." Harry says, shaking his head again.

"Harry, I know that you're concerned about bringing her into this world prematurely, but I really think that it's at the best interest for both Charlie and Gracie that Gracie is born early." The doctor explains, shaking her own head.

"She's going to be too small..." Harry whispers.

"We estimated her weight and I would guess she's around 5 lbs. I think she'll be fine." The doctor nods.

"Charlie, what do you think?" Harry asks, turning to me.

"I just want whatever is best for Gracie..." I whisper, looking over to the doctor.

"Okay. We'll go ahead and set you up to be induced tonight then..." The doctor nods, writing something into her notes on her clipboard.

"Is there anything that we're going to need?" Harry asks, shrugging his shoulders.

"Make sure to bring the hospital bag, anything that will make Charlie feel more comfortable and something to entertain you while we're waiting. It can take awhile for Gracie to come..." The doctor says, continuing to write notes on her clipboard.

"Okay..." Harry nods.

"Alright. So, check-in is at 6:00 p.m. That's when we'll get this labor rolling." The doctor says, turning away from her paperwork.

"She could be here by tomorrow..." Harry whispers, grabbing on to my hand.

"I imagine she probably will be." The doctor smiles.

"And you think she'll be okay?" Harry asks.

"Yes, I really do. We'll monitor everything closely and tell you if anything changes." The doctor nods.

"Okay. We'll go home and get everything ready for tonight then." Harry nods, smiling weakly over to me.

I smile weakly back at him. As nervous as I am about Gracie being born early, I'm ready to hold her in my arms. I'm ready to have her here with us. I've been waiting to meet her for so long. What seems like forever in fact.

"Okay. I'll see you two tonight then." The doctor nods, opening the door to walk out of the room.

"See you tonight..." Harry says, helping me down the hallway.

"Wow..." I whisper, shaking my head.

"Don't worry baby. Everything will be fine..." Harry whispers, taking my hand in his.

"I'm not worried, I'm just excited to meet her..." I smile.

"Oh, yeah. I just wish we weren't meeting her early..." Harry says, laughing slightly.

"I know. I think she'll be fine though..." I nod, squeezing his hand.

"Yeah, she probably will. My daddy brain is just racing is all." Harry nods, opening my car door so that I can glide in.

"You'll be so good with her Harry." I say, pulling my seatbelt over my shoulder.

"I hope so..." Harry whispers, placing the key in the ignition.

"We haven't even planned her whole name out yet..." I whisper, shaking my head.

"Maybe we should just wait until she's born. I'm sure we'll know as soon as we see her..." Harry says, pulling out to enter on to the street with the rest of the London traffic.

"I am so excited to see her precious little face!" I squeal, shrugging with my excitement.

"I really hope she looks like you." Harry laughs.

"No, I want her to look like her daddy." I laugh, gently patting his leg.

"A little Styles..." Harry whispers to himself, shaking his head in disbelief.

I understand his disbelief. If you would have told me that I would be married, pregnant and ready to be a mom a year ago, I would have laughed in your face. Growing up I said that I didn't believe in marriage and swore that I would ever go through the hell that is child birth. However, now that we're potentially hours away from meeting Gracie, I'm happy that I changed my mind.

We get home quickly and attempt to complete everything on our to-do list. The fact is, there's no way we would be able to get any of this done in time. Luckily, Gracie's room is already prepped and ready to go. The hospital bag is packed and the car seat and stroller have been assembled. Everything isn't as perfect as I wish it would be, but I'm ready to bring our daughter home.

While Harry and Lucy pack some of their own belongings to bring to the hospital, I find myself heading upstairs to check out Gracie's room one last time. I slowly open the tall white door, finding the grey room before me. The bay window is open, allowing soft light and fresh air streaming across the room. I walk across the room, shutting and locking the window.

I then walk over to her crib, smiling down at it. In only a few short days, Gracie will be lying in this crib. She'll have her two elephant friends and her cozy blankets. I pick up the white elephant that I bought her and hold it close to my chest. Maybe I should bring it with us. It will be Gracie's first toy.

I keep the elephant in my hand and walk over to her closet, sliding the doors open. An abundance of white and pink stares back at me. I move my hand through the row of clothes, feeling the soft fabrics beneath my fingertips. I smile to myself and slide the doors back shut. I take one last glance around her room, soaking in the fact that this will be the last time it will be empty.

"Charlie?" Harry calls from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shout, backing out of the room.

"What were you doing?" Harry asks, walking halfway up the stairs.

"I was just grabbing him..." I say, holding up the small white elephant.

"Oh, Gracie's first friend..." Harry laughs, taking the elephant from my hands.

"Yeah I think she'll like him." I nod, smiling at Harry as we walk down the stairs.

"I think she'll like him too..." Harry nods, handing the elephant back to me.

"Are you guys ready?" Lucy asks, gliding a few bags in to the foyer.

"I think so..." Harry whispers with a nod.

"I think so..." I whisper too.

"Ready mom?" Harry asks, smiling over at me.

"Ready dad?" I ask, mocking his question.

"Ready as I'll ever be..." He whispers.

Vote - Comment - Etc