Chapter 28.

"Charlie?" Harry's voice calls over me.

I slowly open my eyes, bright lights shining down on my face. My head throbs and my throat burns. I feel like I've been hit in the head with something. I look around the small space, finding Harry and an emergency worker sitting next to me in an ambulance.

"Harry?" I whisper, my throat burning with his name.

"Hi sweetheart..." He whispers, clutching on to my cold hand.

"What happened?" I ask, rubbing my temple with the tips of my fingers.

"You passed out so Francesca called an ambulance..." Harry nods, keeping his hands in mine.

"Oh." I groan, continuing to rub my temple.

"Yeah, you bumped your head on the way down..." Harry smirks, kissing my hand gently.

"That explains the headache then..." I laugh, placing my hand back in my lap.

"From what I've found so far, I think you might have passed out because of a sudden drop in blood pressure but we'll have the doctors confirm that okay?" The paramedic says, writing notes in her paperwork.

"Okay. Thank you..." Harry nods, smiling over at her.

"Where's Francesca and Lucy?" I ask, looking back over to Harry.

"They're following behind us..." He explains, nodding his head towards the back of the ambulance.

"Oh, okay..." I nod, closing my eyes to shut out the bright lights.

"You just get some rest sweetheart..." Harry whispers as he lightly strokes my hand.

Before I know it, I'm waking up again. Except this time I'm not in an ambulance. I'm in a hospital room. The room is dark with a vase of beautiful flowers and a small teddy bear sitting next to my bed. I smile and reach for the teddy bear.

The bear is small and warm in my hands. It's soft brown fur instantly warming my cold stiff hands. I smile down at the bear. Maybe once I'm done with it, I'll add it to Gracies' plush animal collection. She would probably love it.

I set the small bear back to the vase of flowers and lean back into the hospital bed. The hospital bed is cold and hard underneath me, making me miss my warm and comfortable bed back at home. The room feels small and claustrophbic, the darkness making it feel extra tight. I groan and close my eyes.

I can't believe that I'm back in the hospital. This is the second time in the past few months. And in another few months, I'll be back here again having the baby. Although, that will be a far more enjoyable trip. I'll finally get to meet my little girl for the first time. That will probably be the most pleasant hospital visit of my life.

"Knock knock..." Harry murmurs as he quietly enters the room.

"Who's there?" I ask, laughing silently at my own response.

"You're obviously feeling a bit better..." Harry laughs, leaning over my hospital bed o give me a soft kiss on the forehead.

"I am. My headache is gone..." I whisper, grabbing on to his hand.

"Uh, I hate hospitals..." Harry whispers, sitting in the chair next to my bed.

"Join the club..." I laugh, shaking my head.

"It will be different when Gracie is coming though..." Harry smiles, squeezing my hand.

"I'm so excited to meet her." I say smiling as wide as I possibly can.

"Gracie, are you going to hate hospitals as much as I do?" Harry asks as he places his voice above my growing stomach.

I laugh lightly, watching him as he attempts to wait for some kind of response.