A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 3 - The Shocking Truth

Chapter 3 - The Shocking Truth

My Aunt Claire is now my enemy. I never thought that she would do this. Why would she do this? These were the things I was thinking about as I approached the path to her house. I stopped and looked at the path, as everyone came behind me.

"Wow. You sure run fast," Natsu said, out of breath. As they stood, they looked at the path that went all the way up.

Lucy reacted with surprise, "Are...we...going all the way up?".

Everyone responded with a nod. Lucy's mouth dropped. "Just try your best, Lucy," Natsu said to her with a smile. "Whenever you need help, just call me!". Lucy responded with a smile, "Okay!"

After 30 minutes, we were halfway across the mountain. Everyone was exhausted, including me. From our exhaustion, we rested in a place where there was a lot of shade. At a nearby river, I sat down on one of the rocks and started to think about what will happen when we approach my Auntie's house.

"I can't believe I'm going to fight my Auntie. She would never do something like this. I don't want to hurt her. What should I do?" : I thought as I placed my elbows on my legs and placed my head on the palms of my hands. While I was looking at water flowing in the river, I heard someone walk up to me. I turned around and saw that it was Erza.

She asked me, "Are you tired?".

I responded with a smile,"I'm fine." I turned back and continued to look at the river.

Slowly, Erza sat next to me. "Everything will be alright," Erza assured me, as if she knew what I was thinking about.

I looked at her with surprise.

"We're here for you, Melanie. Don't worry," she said as she looked at me while touching my shoulder. I looked at her confident eyes and smiled with confidence.  

After the break, we all continued to walk, and Lucy was inside Horoglium again.

I sighed, "We had a 15 minute break, and we just started to walk, Lucy. You can't be tired."

"I'm I'm sorry okay! Like I said before, I picked a bad day to wear heels she says," Horoglium replied.

"Then, just take off your shoes," I responded.

"You want me to walk on the ground?!", Lucy said as she continued to argue.

I sighed again while feeling ashamed, "I shouldn't have talked to her."

"It's okay. She'll calm down," Gray replied as I looked at him. Once I looked at him, I said, "Gray."

"Yeah?".

"Your pants."

Gray reacted with surprise, "WHOA WHAT THE HECK?! HOW DID I?!". 

I looked at Erza with confusion and she shrugged with no comment on what happened to his pants. From the awkwardness, I walked away, ignoring the situation. 

Another 30 minutes passed by, we arrived at my Auntie's mansion. My body started to tremble because I started to get nervous. Suddenly, I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

It was Erza's hand.

I looked at her and found a smile on her face, letting me know that she and everyone else is there for me. I took a breath and opened the door, slowly. Once the door was opened, we all walked inside carefully. We looked around to see if there was anything suspicious. Then, we heard a voice.

"So, you came," the voice said.

We turned around and found a shadow at the middle of the staircase.

"My oh my, Melanie. You have grown up so fast. You look so beautiful, strong, brave, and wise. It has been such a long time," the voice said as the shadow walked down the staircase.

"Stop it," I said softly.

"Stop it. I missed you so much," the voice came closer as the shadow walked into the light.

It was my Aunt Claire.

Her long silky dress reached the floor and her long dark brown hair flowed throughout her back. Her black eyes looked at me as I looked back.

"It's so nice for you to visit. Ah..you even brought your friends," she said.

"Why did you do this?", I said softly.

Aunt Claire reacted with surprise.

"WHY DID YOU CREATE MONSTERS TO STEAL PEOPLE'S POWERS?!", I yelled as she looked at me with shock. My body started to shake again, "Why did you...why did you lead the monster to my house?".

After that, she started to laugh. I reacted with shock.

She stopped laughing, "It's just so much fun! All these powers are in my posession!", she said as she looked at her powers on the palm of her hand.

As I looked her hand, I found out that she had the power of light. The power of light was another one of my mother's powers.

I reacted with surprise and yelled, "Why do you have my mother's power?!".

Then, I saw my father's power.

"Why do you have my father's power?!". 

She gave a smirk, "My monster absorbed their magic."

"W-What?!", I said with shock.

"Melanie's parents were defeated?!", Gray yelled.

"That's impossible!", Natsu yelled.

"That can't be," Lucy yelled.

"The most powerful mages," Erza said softly.

Aunt Claire continued to laugh. I opened my eyes and yelled, "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PARENTS?!". She kept a smile on her face as she looked at me.

"TELL ME! WHERE IS MY MOTHER AND FATHER?!".

"They're dead," she said with the smile still on her face. My face was covered with shock. Everyone's face was covered with shock. The room fell completely silent.

"Th-That's impossible. My parents are still alive. They're still alive! Aunt Claire, they're still alive aren't they! AUNT CLAIRE!", I yelled as she looked at me with a glare.

Suddenly, I fell to my knees and looked at the ground. "Mother...father," I said quietly as tears started to stream down my face. I started to remember the memories I shared with my mother and father, until the time the monster attacked us.

"MOTHER! FATHER!!", I yelled as I started to cry.

Everyone looked at me as I cried with pain and agony. Then, Natsu, Happy, Gray, Erza, and Lucy walked in front of me.

I reacted with surprise as I looked up at them.

"How could you do something like this to her?", Natsu said softly.

Aunt Claire reacted with surprise.

"HOW DARE YOU MAKE OUR MOST PRECIOUS FRIEND CRY?!".

From that statement, I opened my eyes with surprise, "Natsu."

"A person, like Melanie, shouldn't cry like this!", Gray yelled.

"Gray."

"Melanie doesn't deserve this!", Erza yelled.

"Erza."

"Melanie is a good friend of ours! We don't want her to be like this!", Lucy yelled.

"Lucy.

" "We never let anything happen to our friends," Happy said.

"Happy. Everyone." 

"So..WE WILL FIGHT FOR HER!", Natsu yelled.

"Hmph. Fine. I was getting bored anyway," Aunt Claire said.

Natsu clenched his fists, "I'm all fired up!".

"Bring it on!", Gray said as he went into a stance.

Erza, Lucy, and Happy went into their positions as Aunt Claire smiled and attacked.