A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 37 - Melanie vs. Gray!

Chapter 37 - Melanie vs. Gray!

OUTSIDE, NEAR THE OCEAN...

Zeref stands and looks over the ocean and senses that every person, except one, has been released by their trance. He reacted with surprise.

"Th-This is impossible! How could they be released by their trance?!", he yelled, "Th-This is impossible!"

Suddenly, his head started to ache. He groaned, "Not again," as his eyes turned to their natural color, brown.

He fell to his knees and started to tremble, "What have I done? I wasn't supposed to possess her friends! I didn't want to ruin her guild's building! All I wanted to ask, was for her to remove this curse that I have!"

Images of me started to go into his brain.

"Melanie...Ayame....."

WITH MELANIE AND GRAY...

I looked at Gray as I got into position, "Gray! Do you hear me? Please wake up!"

No response.

"I don't want to do this, Gray!"

He started to clench his teeth.

"GRAY!"

Gray: Ice-Make: Floor!

I dodged the attack by jumping into the air.

Me: Melt! Thermal Energy!

The ice melted as I landed back on the ground.

"Please stop, Gray!"

He didn't listen.

Gray: Ice Cannon!

Me: Rock Shield!

The shield blocked his attack.

"GRAY!!!!!"

He didn't listen again.

Gray: Ice-Make: Sword!

He ran to me as I got out my sword. Once he got close to me, I threw my sword to the side and pulled him into a hug.

He reacted with surprise as we both fell to our knees.

"Gray.....please stop. Please. I don't want to fight you...and I know...that you don't want to fight me."

Gray tried to get out of her grip, but he couldn't.

I started to cry and held onto his shirt, "Please....Gray. Please come back.....please..."

Suddenly, Gray started to glow, which made Gray react with surprise.

I was in the process of healing him.

I continued to cry, "Please....Gray....fight through your trance...."

Gray tried to get out of my grip, again.

"Please..."

He continued to get out.

I took a moment and continued to talk to him, "You are a very dear person to me, Gray. You helped me go through the tough times. You stood up for me when I was in trouble. You comforted me when I cried. YOU were there for me. You are a really nice person, Gray. And I........and I like you..."

Gray stopped trying to get out.

"Please...come back to Fairy Tail. We need you.....I need you....please..."

Another tear fell from my eye, as Gray's eyes turned back to normal.

He finally came out of his trance.

I continued to hold onto his shirt and cry as he slowly placed his arms around my back and hugged me.

I reacted with surprise.

"Thank you...Melanie. Thank you. I'm sorry, that I did this to you."

I was silent as I blushed.

He pulled away and looked at me with his hands on my shoulders.

I looked away, once he saw that I was blushing.

"Hey....do you really like me?", Gray asked.

My eyes widened, then I looked at him, "H-How did--"

"I heard what you were saying," he said with a smile.

My face started to heat up once he smiled, then I looked away once again.

He kept his smile on his face, looked up, and chuckled, "It's alright. You don't have to tell me. I--"

"I do."

He looked at me with surprise.

"I do."

He continued to look at me, then he grabbed one of my hands into his own and looked at me in the eyes.

"Really?", he asked.

"Y-Yes.."

After I replied, he slowly leaned in, still holding onto my hand.

As he continued to lean in, I immediately looked away, remembering what happened in my apartment.

Gray reacted with surprise. 

"I-I'm sorry! B-But, we should really start looking for everyone," I said, still looking away.

Suddenly, Gray kissed her on the cheek.

I reacted with surprise. "W-What was that?"

"You kissed me on the cheek before, didn't you? Now, we're even," he said as he stood up with a smirk.

I placed my hand on the cheek that he kissed, with my face, still surprised.

Then, he placed his hand in front of me. "Come on, let's go."

I kept looking at him, placed my hand into his, and he helped me stand up.

Once we both stood, he let go of my hand and patted my shoulder, "Let's go!"

"Right!", I replied as I followed him.

Being with Gray, made my heart beat. I never had this feeling before. I never blushed so much before. Oh my gosh! I am starting to freak out!

Anyways, leaving that behind, we have some business to take care of.

It is time for the final battle!!