A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 9 - Edolas's Calling

Chapter 9 - Edolas's Calling

It is another day in Fairy Tail! Ever since the fight between Aunt Claire and me, everything has been back to normal. But, when I walked in, everyone was talking. It looked like they were talking about something serious. I heard people say, "Where are Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Erza?", "They need to know about this", "Do you think they know?", "I don't know", and "I wonder what's going on over there." When I walked near the request board, everyone yelled, "MELANIE! YOU'RE HERE!!". I reacted with surprise as I turned around. "Wh-What?!". "We're so glad you're here!", Macao said. "W-Why? What's going on?". "Look at the request board!".

By their demand, I walked to the request board and found a request that said: "New Enemy Approaching! In need of Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Erza, Wendy and Happy. Including Newcomer: Melanie Ayame. Request By: Mystogan, King of Edolas." "Whoa..", I said quietly to myself. I turned around, "Edolas. I've heard that name before. My parents told me, that Edolas is a parallel world that is attached to this world, we call Earthland. The...king wants all of them..including me. This is what you were talking about right?". Everyone in the room nodded as I looked down worried.

Suddenly, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Erza, Wendy and Happy walked inside. "Sorry we're late guys!", Natsu yelled with a smile. Then, he saw all of us with worried faces. "What's wrong?", Natsu asked. Erza looked at me. "Melanie. What's going on?". I walked to Erza and gave the request to them. They gathered around the paper and reacted with surprise. "E-Edolas?", Lucy stuttered with surprise. "They're in trouble," Gray said with surprise. "They need our power!", I said to them as I lifted my head up. They all reacted with surprise and then they smiled.

"All right! I'm all fired up!", Natsu yelled with his fist up in the air. "We'll take it!" "If a former Fairy Tail wizard needs our help, we'll gladly accept it!", Erza said as grabbed the paper tightly in her wrist. "Let's do it, Melanie!", Lucy cheered with a wink. "Aye, sir!", Happy said with his fist in the air. I reacted with surprise as I smiled. 

"You can do it, everyone!", Lisanna yelled with a smile. "You can do it, Lucy! Melanie!", Levy yelled. Gajeel made a smirk. "YOU CAN DO IT!!", everyone cheered. We all smiled at them as they cheered for us. Unexpectedly, Natsu ran off. "W-Where's Natsu?!", I yelled with confusion. "EH?!", Lucy yelled as we saw Natsu running away. "HEY!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING IDIOT?!!", Gray yelled. "Huh?", Natsu said as he ran into a tree, in the nearby park, and fell down. Gray sighed, "Idiot," as he walked to him and pulled him up by pulling his scarf. "We don't know how to get there, hothead." 

"What did you call me?!", Natsu said as flames starte to surround him. "Do you want to start?!", an icey breeze started to surround Gray as they both started to pick a fight, as usual. I sweatdropped, "There they go again." "Anyways, we have to start making a plan. Also, we need to figure out a way to transport to Edolas," Erza said. "Right," I said with nod. We all went to a table in the park, without the boys, and started to make a plan. Erza placed the request sheet in the middle of the table, laid out a map of Edolas, and opened a book about Edolas. "Wow. You are always prepared aren't you?", I asked. She smiled, "Yep!".

She pointed to a place, called the Royal City, on the map, "This is where the kingdom is. So, this is where we should meet Mystogan." I looked at the request sheet as it started to glow. "G-Guys," I said to Erza, Lucy, and Wendy. "Is something wrong?", Erza asked. "The sheet is glowing!". The boys noticed the glow. The glow started to expand. "W-What's going on?", Wendy asked as the glow shot to the sky.

We watched it as a hole opened in the sky. We reacted with surprise. "A-Anima?!", Wendy said with surprise. "Anima!", I said with surprise. "he request sheet opened it!", Gray said. "I heard about this too. Anima is a rare vortex that can absorb anything it wants. It absorbs different types of power. Is this the way to Edolas?!" Suddenly, lightning came down the vortex. Lucy screamed with fear as it started to get windy. "AH!", we yelled as the vortex glowed and started to take us. 

The vortex started to take us.  We were taken in the air, being sucked into the Anima. Goodbye Earthland. Hello Edolas!

Moments later, we fell down carelessly from the Anima. As we slowly got up, we found out that we were in the Royal City in Edolas. "W-We're here!", I said with amazement. "We made it!", Happy cheered. "Welcome," a voice said before us. 

It was Mystogan.

"Mystogan?", Erza said with surprise. Everyone was surprised. He looked at me and said, 'You must be Melanie. Am I correct?", Mystogan asked. "Y-Yes," I replied. "My name is Mystogan, the King of Edolas. I was a Fairy Tail S-Class wizard in Earthland." "Why aren't you still in Fairy Tail?". "I am the Edolas version of my Earthland self." I reacted with surprise, but I understood. "Do you need help?", he asked as he placed his hand in front of me. "Y-Yeah..", I said as I placed my hand in his hand the pulled me up. "Th-Thank you," I said with a smile. He smiled back.

Then, he looked at everyone else. "Natsu. It's been a while," he said as he high-fived him and he high-fived back. "Gray." Gray nodded at him with a smile. "Erza." Erza did the same thing as Gray. "Lucy." Lucy smiled. "Happy." "Aye!", he said. "Wendy." He smiled at her as she smiled back. "Alright, please come with me." Mystogan lead them into the city as we arrived in the castle. 

Inside the castle, we sat around the table and started discussing about the enemy. "Who is this enemy you were talking about?", Erza asked Mystogan. "A great wizard. The only wizard that is after my powers. All the staffs I have found through my travels. Masahiro Masaru." "Masahiro?!", Natsu said with surprise. "Masahiro. The most powerful wizard alive. He has staff magic,  the magic of the four elements, and light magic," I said as I looked down. "He is my family's enemy. He contains the magic we contain: the magic of the four elements and the power of light. He is a dangerous person. He is the type of person that is unpredictable. He can do anything." Everyone looked down. "That is definitely true," Mystogan replied. "He can do anything. This battle is not meant for one person. It is meant for a group. This is why I invited all of you. I know that you are all strong and that you can help me."

Everyone nodded in agreement. "So, are you in?", Mystogan asked. "Let's do it!", we all cheered with our fists in the air.