A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 13 - The Abandoned Child

Chapter 13 - The Abandoned Child

Her eyes, full of sorrow. Her face, covered in her tears. The Edolas version of me, shaking as she looks at me. "She was an orphan and then she was adopted by Masahiro? I don't understand."  

Edo-Melanie closed her eyes as she wiped her tears off her face. "A long time ago, I found myself, alone, in the middle of nowhere, with a blanket. I didn't know where I was. I was so scared, until I saw a man walk to me. The man was Masahiro. He took me in as his own daughter, and taught me magic. I loved him with all my heart, unlike my parents that abandoned me!" My eyes were still filled with shock. "A person like you would never understand." "I do." Edo-Melanie reacted with surprise. 

"You're lying."

"No. I'm not."

I looked down as she looked at me. 

"My Aunt...killed my parents."

She reacted with suprise as I continued to look down.

"I didn't know that they died until that very moment! I was so shocked! My parents are the most powerful mages in Fiore of Earthland! I didn't believe that they would be defeated!"

I looked at her as I started to cry.

"I understand completely."

Suddenly, she started to cry as well as if our feelings connected. "I am so sorry!", Edo-Melanie said as she hugged me. "I am so sorry, too!", I said as I hugged back. We continued to cry as a bright glow surrounded both of us. Seconds later, we pulled away from each other, smiled, and raised our hands.

Melanie and I: Unison Raid!

The beautiful light was unleashed to the sky.

Meanwhile, in the throne room, everyone was surprised with the bright light from the window.

"What is this bright light?!", Wendy said as she covered her eyes. "This power! It's Melanie!", Natsu said with a smile. "And someone else!" Masahiro reacted with surprise, "My Melanie?!"

Outside, the light continued to be unleashed into the sky as glitter rained down, healing everyone's injuries and also giving them more power and strength. A glow surrounded everyone as they woke up. Erza reacted with surprise, as she looked at her hand glowing. "This feeling!", Erza said with happiness. Lucy and Gray got up and looked at their hands. "Melanie!", Lucy said as she blushed with happiness. "No! It's not just her!", Happy said as he pointed at both Edo-Melanie and me. "They created a Unison Raid!".

As everyone healed, the light disappeared and we fainted at the same time. "Melanie!", Erza, Gray, and Lucy yelled as they ran to me. Erza gently placed my head on her lap while I was weak and out of breath. Edo-Erza ran to Edo-Melanie and placed her head gently on her lap. "Is she alright?", Erza asked Edo-Erza. "She's okay. She's just weak from unleashing all that power," Edo-Erza replied. "The same thing happened to her," Erza said as she looked at me and smiled. "Good job, Melanie," she said as she removed a strand of my hair away from my face.

Suddenly, a crash sound came from the throne room's window. It was Masahiro. He was eager to find out why his daughter was involved in the making of the Unison Raid. As he crashed through the window, Erza and Edo-Erza placed our heads gently back onto the floor. "What was that light! ANSWER ME!", Masahiro screamed as he reacted with surprise while looking at the exhausted Edo-Melanie.

He felt very sad, but he didn't hesitate to recieve answers from her. "Melanie! Melanie! Melanie, WAKE UP! Tell me! Why did you transfer to their side?! Why did you combine powers with the other version of you?! You disobeyed my orders!!!", he yelled as he grabbed her shoulders and shook from the ground. She did not respond, since she was still unconscious. "You useless brat!", he yelled with anger as he threw her back on the ground.

"HEY! Why did you do that?!", Gray yelled with anger. "Isn't she your daughter?!" "She is," Masahiro replied. "Why did you treat her like that, even though she was unconscious!" "I don't even treat her like my daughter at all! She is my tool to defeating people," he said with a glare.

Everyone reacted with surprise. "So, her life was just a joke?!", Erza said with anger as he smiled. "What kind of person are you?!" "The kind of person that you would hate, the kind of person that would be able to steal power and the kind of person that would defeat you!", Masahiro said with a laugh.

Masahiro: Fire Eruption!

Fire burst out of the ground and threw flames at everyone. 

Gray: Freeze!

Gray freezed the flames with ice which made them break by itself.

"Nice one. What about this?!", Masahiro said.

Masahiro: Fire Blaze! Tornado! Shooter!

A blaze was thrown from his hands, a tornado was created, and flames was shot from his hands.

Gray: Ice-Make: Wall! Shield!

A wall and shield made of ice was created which protected everyone from the fire attacks.

Masahiro continued to attack as the wall and shield started to crack. "Shoot!", Gray said as he started to sweat. Masahiro started to laugh, "Amazing! You are still standing!". The shield and wall continued to crack. "I can't hold it much longer!!" 

Suddenly, the wall and shield broke apart, making Gray fall to the ground, out of breath. "Gray!", Erza yelled. Masahiro continued to laugh, "No one can stop me!". From the background, Mystogan, Wendy, and Natsu ran out of the building. "Everyone!", Wendy yelled. "Guys!", Erza said with surprise. "Don't worry! I'll heal him!", Wendy said as she ran to Gray and placed her hands over him. "I'm counting on you!", Erza said with confidence. "What happened to them?", Mystogan asked as he looked at Edo-Melanie and me. "They fainted from unleashing strong magic." "Okay. They should be fine then," he said with relief. "Great. More people have come," he said as if he was trying to get our attention.

The atmosphere fell silent for a moment. 

"Why do you treat your own daughter like a tool? She is a person that needs care, protection, and respect!", Erza yelled. "She was never my "daughter". She was the person I held hostage." Everyone reacted with surprise.

"Hostage?!"

"She never chose to become my "daughter". I took her in myself. She was very little when I adopted her, so she had no idea what was going on. I taught her magic, so she could of some use to me for the future. I only acted nice to her because she was doing whatever I said."

After he said that, Edo-Melanie slowly opened her eyes and started to listen to the conversation.

"Then, what happened to her parents?!"

"I killed them."

Suddenly, Edo-Melanie's eyes opened wide with surprise.

"What?!"