A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 34 - Melanie's Recollection

Chapter 34 - Melanie's Recollection

In my room, I got myself ready to go to Tenroujima Island. I placed my luggage on my bed and placed clothes inside. Everyone has no idea when we are going to come back and how long we are going to take.

To be honest.....I am really worried...

As I placed a shirt into my luggage, I started to remember memories that I shared with my family.

Melanie (Age 5)

Melanie: "I want to learn about magic! It's so cool how mommy and daddy do it!"

Mother: "Alright. We'll teach you how to use magic. Dear? Should we?"

Father: "*sigh* Okay."

Melanie: "YAY!!!! Thank you mommy and daddy!"

Melanie (Age 8)

After a little battle with a cousin, the cousin was left on the ground with his mouth open. He was surprised.

Melanie: "*laughs* I won! That's what you get for stealing my shoe."

Melanie (Age 9)

Father: "We are very sorry, sweetie, but we can't afford to get you that necklace."

Mother: "How about this instead?"

She showed a crystal necklace.

Melanie immediately grabbed the necklace and threw it on the ground.

Melanie: "I don't want that piece of trash! It's just a fake crystal at the end of some strand from a leather belt!"

Melanie (Age 10)

Family: "Happy Birthday!"

Melanie: "Everyone! You didn't have to do this.."

Mother and Father walked up to her.

Mother showed the crystal necklace.

Melanie: "Why do you keep giving me that necklace? I said I didn't want it!"

Mother: "Sweetie. Please listen to me. This necklace is not just a crystal at the end of a strand from a leather belt. This crystal holds your powers.."

Melanie reacted with surprise.

Melanie (Age 13)

Melanie opened a door of her relative's house.

Melanie: "Hello? Is anyone home? I got cake for Hilary's birthday."

No one was inside. The house was abandoned. No furniture. Nothing.

Melanie: "Hmm..that's strange..."

Melanie (Age 17)

The last thing I remembered was my mother and father, fighting something in the distance. All I saw was sparkling light, surrounding me while my hand was out, trying to reach them. Suddenly, I appeared in a place I didn't recognize.

--

I found out that my parents were killed by my Aunt Claire and Uncle Kaiyo that were possessed by Zeref. 

--

He possessed them, so they can try to kill me for my magic.

--

He was also the person that killed my family...

A single tear fell from my eye, as I clenched my fists on my lap.

"My family....is gone. Everyone got killed. My own Aunt and Uncle tried to kill me, with the help of Zeref. Now, his next target is me and Magnolia..."

Tears started to stream from my eyes.

"Why? Why? Why!! Why did this...have to happen to me....Mother. Father. Everyone."

A knock was heard at the door.

"Melanie? It's me, Gray. May I come in?"

I was silent as I continued to cry. I didn't want him to see me like this.

The door slowly opened, "Melan--"

He cut himself off when he saw me with tears pouring out of my eyes.

Once he saw me, he immediately, but carefully, comforted me with a warm hug.

I stood, grabbed onto his shirt, and cried on his shoulder as he patted my head with one hand and patted my back with the other.

"Shh...", Gray said quietly as I tried my best to calm down. "It's alright. Try to relax.."

I continued to cry as he started to whisper, "Don't worry, Melanie. We will definitely stop Zeref. We will definitely avenge your family. We'll make sure that he pays for what he did. Just remember that--"

"You are here for me."

I nodded my head, looked at him, with eyes, red from crying, still holding onto his shirt.

"You are here for me."

"Right," Gray said with a smile.

I looked down.

"You know, it's not the end of the world. Things always happen to us and we have to live through them. It will be hard, but it makes us a stronger person. So, Melanie, don't worry alright. At least, we are still here by your side. Your other family, us, Fairy Tail. You didn't lose everything."

I looked up as Gray placed a thumb near my eye and wiped a tear off.

I was surprised. "Don't worry, Melanie."

I looked at him in the eyes, still surprised. Suddenly, with a hand on my cheek, he slowly leaned in.

Immediately, I looked away, blushing.

"Umm..I have to get ready.."

Gray blushed when he realized what he was about to do. "Yeah. Sorry. Sorry."

I faced my bed as he walked to the door and opened it. 

"Gray?"

"Yeah."

I turned around and sniffed, "I'm not going to give up! I'm going to do everything I can to make my family proud! I will..become stronger."

My eyes turned confident.

Gray thought, "Heh. That's the Melanie I know" as he turned and smirked.

"And Gray?"

He turned his head and looked at me, "Yeah."

I blinked and gave a warm smile with a blushing face, "Thank you...for coming."

He reacted with surprise and smiled, "....Your welcome."

He left.

I continued to put away my clothes, with a smile as Gray walked out of my apartment with a smile.

"I'm really glad she's okay. I'm very happy that I got to see her smile."

Suddenly, Natsu and Happy popped up. "HEY! You just went to see Melanie, didn't you."

"N-NO! What are you talking about?!"

"You were worried about her!!!"

"NO! I-I WASN'T!!"

"You don't liiiiiiiike her. You looooooooove her! ♥"

"HEY! YOU STUPID CAT!"

BACK IN MY APARTMENT..

I finished packing.

"Bring it on, Zeref."

ON THE TENROUJIMA ISLAND...

Zeref looks at the sea, waiting for our appearance as the beginning of an epic battle is about to start...