A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 23 - The S-Class Advancement Exam!

Chapter 23 - The S-Class Advancement Exam!

In my room, I looked out my window, thinking about what has happened so far, ever since I came to Fairy Tail: I can't believe that the battle between Fairy Tail and my Uncle ended already. It's like everything is happening so fast! It feels like I just came to Fairy Tail yesterday. It has only been 3 months! I met a lot of new people and my powers got stronger. I wonder what new things will happen today. Since I have recovered from the battle, I'm going to see what I missed in Fairy Tail for the past two days. I miss everyone!

As I got out of my bed and put on my shoes, I left my apartment and went straight to Fairy Tail. When I arrived in Fairy Tail, I yelled, "Hello everyone!". But then I rected with surprise. Not everyone was in the guild. The people in the guild, including Mirajane and Lucy managed to say hi. I was a little confused.

Suddenly, a stampede of people ran over me. I was left on the floor, trying to breathe. I snapped, "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!". A lot Fairy Tail members including Natsu and Gray were letting Mirajane know what job they were going to take today. I was really, really confused. "What is going on?!" Sudenly, the stampede came running back to the entrance. "OH CRAP!!!!!", I yelled as everyone ran over me, again. From a lot of people stepping over me, I lost my soul.

"Melanie, are you alright!", Lucy yelled from the bar.

"I-I'm okay," I said as I tried to bare with the pain.  

I walked to the bar slowly, sat down on a bar stool, and sighed. "Good to see you again, Melanie!", Mirajane said with a smile trying to cheer me up. "Are you feeling better?" "Yes. Thank you," I replied with a smile. 

I looked around the building and asked, "Where is everyone?". "Have you checked the poster?" Mirajane pointed on a pillar where a poster was. Curious and suprrised, I walked to the pillar and read the poster:

S-Class Advancement Examinees Announcement Tomorrow!

INFORMATION WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS WELL!

I reacted with surprise.

"A S-Class Advancement Exam?!", I said with surprise. "Yep," Lucy replied. "It's when Master chooses certain people to compete against each other to become an S-Class wizard!" "Wow," I replied as I looked at Lucy. "I think you are going to be chosen. Melanie," Mirajane as she is wiping a plate with a towel. 

"Really?"

"Well, of course! You fought against your relatives, that are powwrful, and you helped save Master. There's no way he wouldn't pick you!", Lucy said with a wink.

"Well, I.." 

"This is everyone's chance to show what they have as a wizard. And this is their chance to see if they are S-Class material," Mirajane said. "All you have to do, is be yourself."

I fell speechless, but then I closed my eyes and opened them with confidence, "Got it."

Mirajane smiled at me and then she said, "Master is going to give his announcement tomorrow. No matter who you are against, you will be fine."

I smiled at her and said, "Thank you, Mirajane. Lucy."

THE NEXT DAY

Every Fairy Tail member showed up for Master's announcement. As we all waited for a couple minutes, Master walked out with Erza, Gildarts, and Mirajane. As he stood in front of us, he started to make his announcement.

"Fairy Tail! As you may have known, it is the end of the year again. So, I will now announce the examinees in this year's S-Class Advancement Exam!"