Chapter 23: Asking for a date

Thanks for the reads and votes in the last chapter and I hope you enjoy reading my new chapter.

Amy was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast while Sonic was in the living room with Dash in his arms. "Come on Sonic, you can ask her, you wanted to ask her a month ago and you still haven't ask her out." Sonic thought.

"Why does this have to be so complicated" Sonic asked as he watched Dash trying to walk again. Two weeks ago Dash started to walk and he got better everyday. "What's so complicated?" Amy asked as she entered the living room.

"Nothing I was ..... I was just talking to ... to Dash, yea about um ... him walking around, hehe." Sonic said nervously. "Um okay? He really learns fast to walk, I'm sure he has this from you." Amy said while she watched Dash.

Dash can already walk around for a while but he also falls down a lot. "Yup, I'm wondering if he has my speed too." Sonic wonders. "Maybe, but before we now this he has to learn how to walk without falling down .... oh and breakfast is ready." Amy said as she took Dash and walked with him in the kitchen.

Sonic was eating his breakfast and was watching Amy while she gave Dash his food. "Come on Sonic just ask her." Sonic thought. "Hey Amy ...." Sonic started but didn't continue. "What is it Sonic?" Amy asked as she looked for a short time at him before she looked back at Dash again.

"Well Amy I was thinking that maybe we ... um, um" Sonic said while he started to blush. "We can what? Come on, continue." Amy said as she now looked at the nervous Sonic. "Why is he so nervous, could it be that he .... no, he's not going to ask me out, is he?" Amy thought.

"Maybe we should go out today" Sonic said nervously. "Oh my gosh, he really asks me out, what should I say, okay Amy don't freak out. Only because your long time crush asks you out doesn't mean you should freak out, act normal Amy." Amy thought trying not to freak out.

"You mean like in the park with Dash or something like that?" Amy asked as she started feeding Dash again. "Good question." Amy thought.  "I actually thought ...  only the two of us?" Sonic said. "Oh my gosh he really asks me out." Amy thought but then got interrupted by someone.

 "Did Sonic just asked Amy out on a date?" someone said and it was coming from the kitchen door. "Rouge! What are you doing here and since when are you standing there?" Amy asked blushing.

"I'm here since a few minutes I was knocking but no one opened the door so I walked in by myself. And as I heard what Sonic was trying to ask you I just had to listen." Rouge said. "Have you ever heard about privacy?" Sonic asked as blushed more than before.

"Yea and you don't have to be embarrassed and you're as red as Knuckles, just that you know it." Rouge said while starting to laugh at Sonic. "SHUT UP ROUGE!" Sonic said angrily. "Okay I'm quiet. So Amy have you said 'yes'?" Rouge asked as she looked at Amy.

"I was going to answer but you had to interrupt us." Amy said angry. "Does this mean you actually say yes?" Sonic asked, not sure about the answer. "Yea Sonic. I said yes so when are we going and who should look after Dash while we're gone?" Amy asked.

"His aunt Rouge could keep an eye on him, after all I'm his favorite aunt." Rouge said. "Yea, good idea .... We should ask Cream, Blaze and Sticks as well, so I'm sure that my baby is really in good hands." Amy said not wanting Rouge to look after Dash all by her self.

"Hey, aren't you trusting me?" Rouge complained. "I agree with this, I would never leave Dash alone with her. So you calling the girls?" Sonic asked and Amy nodded.

It was a few minutes before 6 p.m. and Rouge, Sticks, Cream and Blaze were standing outside of Amy's house. Sonic opened the door after Rouge knocked. "Finally, I thought you would never show up." Sonic said as he let the four girls inside. "Sorry, not everyone can ran at the speed of sound." Sticks said.

"Okay, I already gave him food, so you don't have to feed him. I also changed his diapers so you only have to change them again before he goes to bed." Amy said with Dash in her arms. "When should he go to bed?" Cream asked. "I don't know maybe in a hour, depends how tired he is." Amy said.

"Is this all or do we have to know more?" Blaze asked. "Well he started walking a few days ago. So keep an eye on him when he does this and I think that's all." Sonic said and Amy gave Dash to Blaze.

"Hey, why does she get the baby?" Rouge said angry and crosses her arms. "Because she stands next to me, so see you in two hours, bye." Amy said as she and Sonic walked outside. 

The four girls went with Dash in the living room where his toys were lying everywhere. "Why are they still sleeping on the couch, I mean Amy has a bed and Dash has a crib" Rouge said as she saw the pillows and the big blanket on the couch.

"I don't know, but your right." Blaze said. "Why am I here again? I could be at home and continue building my defense system." Sticks said as she sat on the couch and crossed her arms.

"You know you could have said no." Cream said as she hugged her Chao Cheese. "Yea but all of you where coming so it would look stupid if I wouldn't have come." Sticks said.

"Why must he be so cute, I could cuddle with him all time." Rouge said as she cuddled Dash, who doesn't look so happy whit this. "Put him down before you squeez him with your love." Blaze said and Rouge put Dash back down on the carpet.

And done, actually I wanted to put the date also in this chapter but this would be a really long chapter if I would have done this. That means my next chapter will be about the date. I hope you liked this chapter and enjoyed reading.