Chapter 50: Picnic in the forest

Sorry again for the late updates 😔. Only 10 more weeks and then I'm done with school, which means I have a lot of time to write again 😉. Anyway hope you enjoy reading. And the picture on top 🔝 was drawn and colored by me. I like it but I should work on my hand-drawing-skills 😁. 

Three months have passed since the christmas party and it was spring now. Dash got better at walking and running everyday, which caused Sonic and Amy more trouble at looking after him. "Where did he go again?" Amy asked as Dash was gone again while they had a walk in the forest. "You know, his speed is great and all but it's also really annoying." Sonic said as he and Amy kept looking around in the forest.

"DASH! ... Seriously where did he go?" Amy asked annoyed and worried at the same time. "How about you go ahead and I'll go and look for him?" Sonic asked as he turned around to face Amy. "Alright but if you're not back in twenty minutes I'll search for both of you." Amy said agreeing to Sonic's idea. Sonic gave Amy a quick kiss on the lips before he ran off to search for his son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Amy, Dash and Sonic went out their house to go to their picnic place Dash ran ahead without his parents noticing. He knew the way to the picnic place since he, Sonic and Amy went there a lot after the snow melted. Dash ran through the forest, jumping over Stones and Sticks while running almost at the speed of sound. 

He stopped as he heard his name being called for the tenth time by now. He looked a bit annoyed and thought about either running back or running ahead to the picnic place. He decided to keep running, ignoring the calls from his parents. "Whee!" Dash said as he kept running till he was at the picnic place.

He sat down on a stone next to a meadow with beautiful flowers with all kind of colors. Nearby was a little lake, with a few trees next to it. Dash looked back at the road in the forest where Amy and Sonic should be by now. After Dash was waiting for over 10 minutes he got slightly impatient.

Suddenly Dash sprung up as he saw Sonic coming in the clearing of the forest. Giggling he ran up to Sonic and jumped at him. "There you are, I should have known you ran ahead." Sonic said as he knelt down. "Well Dash, now we just have to wait for Amy." Sonic said and he and Dash sat down on the stone Dash sat before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope Sonic finds him. Why does he always ran off, even Sonic can go slow, why can't he too?" Amy said on her way to the lake. As Amy came to the clearing she looked towards the lake and saw Sonic, with Dash on his lap, sitting on a stone.

"Sonic, where have you found him?" Amy asked after she ran towards her boyfriend (A/T I almost wrote husband 😂) "He was here the whole time. I guess we walked to slow for him." Sonic said as he sprang up from the stone. Dash ran towards his mother as he saw her and hugged her leg. "Well, let's eat now, I'm starving." Amy said as she got the picnic blanket out of the picnic basket. 

Sonic helped her setting up everything while Dash sat on the blanket waiting for his lunch. "Here you go Dash, hope you like it." Amy said as she handed him a plate with one chilidog on it. Dash licked his lips and took the plate from her. "There is nothing better than a picnic with chilidogs." Sonic said as he put two chilidogs on his plate.

"I'll stick with my salad. I don't understand how both of you can eat that much chilidogs anyway." Amy said as she got her salad out of the basked. "Well there is no better food than chilidogs." Sonic said and ate the first one, while Dash chewed on his own.

After the three hedgehogs were done eating Sonic and Amy were still sitting on the picnic blanket while Dash explored the surroundings near the lake. "We should maybe learn Dash how to swim." Amy said as she watched Dash running after a butterfly near the lake. "Hold on a sec, you can scratch the 'we' part. I can't swim either." Sonic said after he sat up.

"Well then, I think I have to teach both of you." Amy said excited. "Nope, not happening. The only place I'm getting into contact with water is when it's raining or when I take a shower." Sonic said not excited about her idea. "Oh come on, when Dash sees you in water, maybe he goes in too." Amy said trying to convince Sonic from her idea. 

"I already told you no." Sonic said and crossed his arms. "Oh come on, I'll make you as many chilidogs as you want." Amy said smirking. "No Amy. Not even thousand chilidogs will get me into water." Sonic said. "Please." Amy said pleading. "Amy stop making those puppy eyes, I'm not giving in this time." Sonic said and looked away from her. 

"Ugh! Your stubbornness is annoying." Amy said and crossed her arms. "Told you." Sonic said and laid down. "Fine. Dash's swimming lessons are starting next week." Amy said and laid down next to Sonic, with her head resting on his upper body. "Good luck! I bet you can't even get him near the water." Sonic said smirking. "So now you want to bet. You will see, Dash will know how to swim in at least three weeks." Amy said also smirking.

"And what if not?" Sonic asked curious. "That's not gonna happen." Amy said sure of herself. "If I'm right, you're going to make me chilidogs for a week." Sonic said and Amy sat up. "Okay, but I'm sure you will lose." Amy said as she looked towards Dash, who still ran after the butterfly.

"Maybe we should go home now, it's getting late." Sonic said as the sun started setting down. "You're right, where's Dash?" Amy asked as she and Sonic stood up. "He's right there- ... no wait that's not him. Where did he go?" Sonic asked while Amy folded the blanket. "I'll go look for him." Sonic said and dashed off.

Five minutes later, Sonic came back with a little blue hedgehog sleeping in his arms. "Where have you found him?" Amy asked and took Dash so Sonic could take the basket. "He was sleeping behind that bush." Sonic said and pointed to a bush in the distance before they started their way home.

Alright, that's all. I know this chapter isn't that long and also a bit bored at some parts but I hope you like it anyway 😊.