Chapter 56: Rainy Day

Hi there, I finally got rid of my writers block, again, so sorry for the huge wait, I feel so bad.

About one and a half month have passed after Sonic and Amy's announcement of their marriage and the young hedgehog family were spending their late afternoon in the living room while it was raining outside. 

Amy was reading a book about ancient history while Sonic and Dash were lying on their bellies in front of a five hundred pieces puzzle. Sonic looked confused from one piece to another while Dash was putting one fitting piece to another like it's the easiest thing in the world.

"Daaashhhh, can't we play something else, this game takes to long." Sonic complained frustrated. The young blue hedgehog turned towards his father with a happy smile on his face before saying 'nope'. 

"Wha- come on aren't you getting bored of this?" Sonic asked hopeful. "No, I like it." Dash said happy while swinging his legs up and down. Sonic groaned before placing his face on the ground. "Arg! I'm so bored."

"Stop complaining, just do something to entertain yourself with." Amy said as she flipped the page. "Not helpful Amy, I can't even go outside for a run because of that stupid rain. And our TV still needs to get fixed by Tails after Dash's spindash in the TV.

"I just wanted to help you defeat the mean man." Dash said, looking innocently up at Sonic. "That's nice and all but you wait for that till you are older and me and Eggman weren't in the TV, Dash. It was just the news that showed us fighting again. So no spindashing into TV's, understood.""Okay" Dash said taking his focus back onto the puzzle he was working on.

All of a sudden the light started to flicker and it got dark all of a sudden. Dash, scared of the sudden darkness jumped up and clung to his fathers leg while shivering. "Don't be scared Dash, it's just a black out, nothing to be scared off." Sonic said comforting and placed his hand on his son's back, who now buried his face into his leg while nodding.

"Amy, where are the flashlights?" Sonic asked after picking Dash up. "They should be in one of the drawers in the kitchen." Amy said while taking Dash from Sonic. On the way towards the kitchen Sonic tripped over almost every toy Dash owned.

"He really should learn to put his stuff back into the toy box after he's done playing." Sonic mumbled as he finally made it into the kitchen. "Now then, which cabinet was the flashlight in again?" After opening almost every cabinet door he finally found the flashlight, but as lucky as he is, the battery was dead.

"Great now what?" Sonic asked himself before rummaging through the drawer he found the flashlight in, in hope to find a spare battery or a second flashlight. But apparently luck wasn't on his side today as there was neither on of the two things he was searching for inside the drawer.

"Amy, the flashlights out of battery and we don't have a second one, do you have any more candles left?" Sonic shouted while closing the drawer. "No, but we could start a fire in the fire place." Amy answered as Sonic made his way back in the living room.

A few minutes passed before the fire was started and they finally could see most of the living room. "I'm gonna call Tails and ask him if he's a black out too." Sonic said while Amy was wrapping the still scared and trembling Dash into a blanket before hugging him. 

After trying for the tenth time of trying to contact Tails, Sonic gave up as the fox apparently had his phone on mute or he left it somewhere. "Great he's not answering." Sonic said as he sat beside Dash and Amy on the couch.

"Maybe he's with Cream and Vanilla, you know he's spending a lot of time there ever since he followed your plan at asking her out." Amy answered while she snuggled into Sonic's side. "You're right, I'm gonna call Vanilla and check if he's there." Sonic said, contacting Vanillas home phone. 

"Hello?" "Hi Vanilla, say is Tails at your place? I tried to call him but it seems he left his phone somewhere or has it on mute." Sonic said. "Oh hello Sonic, so nice to here from you, it's been a while hasn't it. And yeah Tails is over, I can get him for you if you want." Vanilla answered.

"No that's not necessary, I just wanted to ask him if he's got a black out too. What about your place Vanilla?" Sonic asked. "Yes, but Vector told me the light and electricity should be back on in about two hours." Vanilla said. "Thanks for telling me Vanilla." "

No problem dear, say how are Amy and Dash?" Vanilla asked. "They are good, Dash was a bit scared of the black out but he seems to be fine now." Sonic answered while he was petting his sons head, who happily leaned into his hand. "That's nice to here, have a nice day." Vanilla said. "You too Vanilla and tell Tails to turn the sound of his phone back on." Sonic said before he hung up.

"So, what did she say?" Amy asked curious. "According to Vector the power should be back on shortly, till then let's keep the fire place on." Sonic said. "Mommy, I'm bored." Dash said after Sonic stopped the petting. 

"I've got an idea, how about we build a pillow fort and make a sleepover in the living room today." Sonic said, while looking down on Dash. "Yeah great idea, what you think Dash?" Amy asked. 

"YEAH" Dash shouted excited but suddenly he frowned and looked up at this parents "What is a pillow fort?" "It's like a tent but made out of pillows and blankets." Amy explained. "That's great ... what is a tent?" Dash asked. "Let's just build one then you will see what it is." Amy said smiling and Dash nodded.

After bringing Sonic and Amy every pillow and blanket he could find he watched both of them building the so called pillow fort with excitement. After about twenty minutes the two adults were finished and Dash clapped his hands. "Awesome." 

"Now then Dash, let's get in there and go to sleep." Amy said and Dash nodded, crawling into their new sleeping place. "I like this pillow tent." Dash stated as he snuggled into the blanket on top of him. 

"I knew you would." Amy said smiling while pulling him towards her after lying down beside him. Sonic soon joined them and lied down on Dash's other side before he put his arm around Amy and Dash protectively.

All three hedgehogs were sleeping for a few hours already as suddenly Amy's phone went off  and both adults woke up. Amy grabbed her phone and answered the call sleepely "Rouge it's three in the morning what do you wa-    SAY WHAT?"

Alright that's all for now, I hope you like it. And I just wanna say the last paragraph was some kind of hint for the next chapter. Have a nice day everyone.