Chapter 12- Suspended

Song: About That Life by Attila

Chapter 12- Suspended

-Maria's POV-

I stand in front of the mirror smiling, definitely ready to go back to school and get these past few days done so i can have winter break.

I am wearing a PINK oversized grey sweater with some leggings and grey TOMS. My hair is curled in perfect ringlets and my bangs are across my forehead. My lip ring is in, along with all my ear piercings, and my tattoos are on show.

My make-up is just thin eyeliner with a thick cover of mascara on the top and bottom. I add some blush on my cheeks to make me look more alive, and put some chap stick on. I didn't feel like going all out with make-up so i just did the usual and had a lazy day. I mean come on, it is Monday. I don't go to school to impress anyone.

I hear Tay and Morgan talking downstairs in the kitchen so I decide to check it out. I make sure I have my iPhone in hand along with my keys and purse, then go downstairs and find them picking out what they want from Starbucks that is on the counter.

"Did you guys go and buy this?" I ask, picking up my Mocha Cappuccino and warm banana bread. I take a huge bite and sip my coffee, feeling the warm sensation slip down my throat. I smile but soon look confused. Morgan just shakes his head and holds up a note from  my mother who said:

M,

I got Tay, Morgan, and you your favorite drinks from Starbucks. I will be home late tonight, so please make sure if you go anywhere lock up the house. See you when I get home sweetie.

Love you. xoxo - Mom.

I smile knowing she realized my birthday is coming up. She does this every year. When my birthday is like a month away, she goes and buys me random things and leaves them in the morning every day. Honestly, I love it. I feel like I get special treatment.

"So, is your mom doing this now for your birthday?" Tay asks, knowing what I told her last year when my mom started doing it.

"Yeah. I think I can get used to this for now." I smile at them and finish my banana bread, taking my cup with me to school. I grab my tribal print PINK bag that I got from Tay a few weeks ago and sling it onto my back. "Are we ready to go?" I ask her as they both nod.

I lock up the house and hop into my car, waiting for Tay and Morgan to buckle up. Tay takes my iPhone and puts on Partners in Crime by Set It Off feat. Ash Costello which makes me laugh. She has some obsession over this song. It's okay I guess.

After about ten minutes of driving we reach the school and park. I get out and head to the side doors near my locker and grab Tay with me. "Guess who moved back?" I ask Tay as she looks at me weird.

She gives me a weird look again so I tell her. "Hailey." I say which makes her look like she just met David again.

"Are you serious? I cannot wait to see her." She screams, making me laugh. I unlock my locker and put my bag in it. I look behind me to see the preppy  bitch known as Mary giving me a dirty look.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Mary says, making her friends laugh and giggle. I sigh knowing this won't be a good day.

"I would suggest keeping your mouth shut Mary. And possibly your legs too." I turn around and glare at her. Mary gasps and stands straighter.

"Bitch. What makes you think you're better than me? At least I can say I slept with your brother before he went to hell." Mary says with so much venom in her voice it makes me sick.

"Oh shit." I hear Tay say after i start walking towards Mary.

"Escuse me? Don't you ever talk about my brother like that. Ever." Cleary pissed, I step in front of her.

"But what if I like to? He was just so good in bed. Like when he found my sweet sp-" Mary was cut off by me putting my hand up in a fist.

"Shut your fucking mouth before you can stop me because believe me, i am not afraid of hitting a hoe like you." I say to Mary.

"Oh really, what are you going to do about it?" Mary asks with a sad expression on her face. She should be sorry for herself.

"This." I say and swing my arm, punching her hard on the side of the face. Mary makes grunting noises but gets back up after falling and tries to grab my hair. "What the hell? No one goes for the hair bitch." I say and take her head, slamming it against the locker behind her. She slides down it whille holding her head, crying.

"That's what I will do next time you want to bad mouth me or my family." I say and walk up to Ben the security guard. I know that if i try to go to my first hour he will only come get me so I go with him anyways. He walks me to the office and sits me down in front of our principal.

"What happened?" He asks as I sink into the chair.

"Mary was talking shit about my brother so I hit her. She should know that I don't take anything from anyone. You can suspend me because I honestly don't care. I realize that i am the one that hit her first so go ahead and suspend me." I reply bluntly. Most people beg to not get in trouble but I have been here before, so I know it isn't worth getting out of the consequences.

"Well, I like that you tell the truth, because Ben saw the whole thing. Thank you for being honest, and here is your file paper. Sign it please." I sign the paper saying that I was suspended and write what happened. After about twenty minutes i am told that my mother was called and that I now have to be off the school grounds and at least 100 yards away for the rest of the week.

I laugh and walk out, heading to my locker. I hold the paper but while reading it I look up and see Mary holding a bloody tissue to her nose. I smile and wave. She glares at me as I unlock my locker. It may seem like getting in trouble was easy, but Mr. James has had me in there before so I basically don't care what happens anymore. And I act like it's funny, but honestly it is considering i just beat Mary's ass.

I grab my car keys and walk out of the school with my bag, looking through messages I have from Tay. I laugh as I read how she wanted to hop in and join me but knew she would be grounded for life if she did. I nod knowing that it was true.

After starting my car, I drive out of the student parking lot and head home. Once I get home, I change into some boxer shorts and a tank top, putting my hair up in a bun and turn on the Perks of Being a Wallflower because I absolutely adore Logan Lerman and his perfectness. Not to mention this is my favorite movie.

 ●════════●♥●════════●

A/N: Chapter 12 everybody! Happy New Year! It's now 2014. It's so weird to say that, but whatever.

Anywhore, how was everyone's night? All I did was watch the ball drop and put a picture on Instagram. I also watched Perks of Being a Wallflower last night for like the billionth time because I am obsessed with that movie. If you haven't seen it, please watch it.

Song at the top is just a random pick. I enjoy Attila and the beat of some of their songs but I find them to be disrespectful to women sometimes. And that is my opinion.

I will update again today, I promise. It is a new year so do any of you have a resolution? Don't be shy and tell me! Comment please. Love you all, and  have a great first day of the new year! - Saisha