Chapter 17- Business

Song: Into Your Arms by The Maine

Chapter 17- Business

-Kellin's POV-

I sit in Starbucks, sipping my latte while waiting for Maria to get here. Pam was at the counter ordering herself a drink when I heard the bell ring by the door, making me snap my head in the direction of the door. My eyes widen when in fact it was Maria and her friend Tay. Maria was laughing at something they must have been talking about, but oh my gosh does Maria have the most amazing smile I have ever seen.

Pam comes over just in time with a cup in her hand, staying stood to shake Maria's hand. "Hello, I am Pam Burch. Head of Rise Records." She says with a warm smile.

"Hello. I am Marie Carter, but you can call me Maria." Maria says, smiling while taking a seat, sending Tay over to get them a drink. Once Tay is sat with two cups in her hands, Pam takes out a file.

"I would like to get started, but before you make your decision, there are a few policies I would like to discuss with you."

-Maria's POV-

"Okay." I nod, motioning for her to continue.

"For starter's, I see that you live in Michigan, which is quite far from the recording studio. With that said, arrangements have been that it is an requirement that you must move to Oregon. The house that you would move into will be payed for by the company, and if wanted, it has enough rooms for you to invite a friend to stay with you." Pam says, incredibly professional might I add, handing me a document that has terms and agreements typed in small font.

I smile at the offer, making notice that I take a liking already. "The house is actually on the same street that I live on." I look up when Kellin says that, but he throws in a wink making me giggle. Wait, what?

"Another requirement is the first album released. When you record your first album, you will be singing songs made by other artists, and the artist it is made by will sing with you. Think of it as a featuring song, or a duet considering what the song is, a cover album if you will." Pam smiles lightly at me.

"The first song must be sung with me." Kellin says with a cheeky grin.

"I will make sure of it. I will even let you pick the song." I say with a smirk. Kellin laughs at my remark.

"Anyhow, you will also be assigned your own recording booth since your music is different from other artists in the building. Do you have any thought of what kind of music you want to make? Maybe even use an instrument?" Pam seems genuinely interested in what I have to say.

"Well, I am best with doing acoustic songs. But I can do some of my own recording and add in some dubsteb for a few songs. I would like Tay to use her guitar for an instrument." I say with a smile, sending Tay a wink. Her eyes go wide when she realizes that's her. I laugh at her expression, but let Pam carry on.

"If this offer were to be taken, would you be okay with packing up your items and leaving in a month to see your home in Oregon?"

I look at Tay to confirm if that's alright. In return I get a smile, which makes me smile. "Yes."

"Great. That is about it, so I just need you to sign a few papers and you are all set." Pam hands me a paper and pen, pointing in various spots to be signed. Once all the papers are filled out, we are finished. I give Pam one last handshake before she walks out the door.

"So, how do you feel?" Kellin asks with his signature lopsided grin.

I sigh, feeling a heavy weight leave my shoulders. "Honestly, relieved. But I am happy that it went well. I was quite nervous at first."

"Well, I believe you will be the happiest person on the planet once you see the house the company set you up with. It's fucking huge." Kellin says while throwing away his cup.

"Are you serious?" I say, a little to over excited. Tay smacks my arm, but I don't care.

"Dead serious." Kellin says with a grin. "Well, i've got to go finish recording with Gabe, so I will see you guys in a month." Kellin says with a slight laugh.

"Alright, have fun!" I give him a quick hug as he walks out the door.

-Later That Night-

A knock sounded on my front door making me curious as to who is at my door at 10:00 PM. Since my trip to go see Pam and Kellin, Tay and I have just sat around watching movies and tweeting random stuff. She left about two hours ago because her parents came back from a business trip.

I walk over to the door and open it to see a smiling Morgan. "What are you doing here so late?" I ask quietly as he steps in. Morgan gives me a wink as he holds up two tickets to Megafest that is being held tomorrow.

"Hailey wanted me to give these to you since she is with her boyfriend right now but she wants to go with you tomorrow." Morgan says which makes my eyes widen. Hailey knows that I love Oli Sykes to death but I didn't expect to go and see him again on his headlining tour.

"This is crazy." I say with a grin.

"Right? Hailey said she will be at your house tomorrow at twelve and then you guys can head over to the venue." Morgan says before giving me a small wave and leaving.

I'm going to be seeing five of my favorite bands in less then twenty-four hours.

 ●════════●♥●════════●

A/N: So sorry for the late update and not to mention that this chapter was very short but there is a meaning behind this. It was just a filler chapter.

The next chapter will be a concert chapter about my personal experiences on Bring Me The Horizon's headlining tour; The American Dream Tour. For my date it is called Megafest, which by the way is always held by where I live.

Hailey was introduced a while back in the story, but she makes a big appearance for the next coming chapter. The concert chapter will be about three pages long, I'm hoping. By the way, Hailey is one of my best friends in real life so that is why she is going to now appear in this next chapter.

Thank you for the 1.6K reads, and I promise this story will get better. I have loads planned for later chapters. Love you all and stay tuned because the next chapter will be up today! -Saisha