Chapter 26- Sweet Serenity

Song: Repeating Apologies by Of Mice And Men

Chapter 26- Sweet Serenity

-Maria's POV-

My eyes grow wide as I look up at him. Did he just say what I think he said? "What?"

Kellin quickly covers his mouth, not knowing how to react. "I didn't mean for you to hear that. Oh my God. Why did I even say that? I'm so stup-" I cut him off by kissing him.

"It's okay! I love that you feel that way, but i'm just not ready to say that quite yet." I peck him on the lips quickly. He nods his head with a smile.

"I understand." I give him a small smile before cuddling into his chest, slowly falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

-Morning-

Today we are heading to the studio for more recording, and still, Kellin won't tell me who my surprise is today. Apparently I have seen them before at Warped Tour but every time I list people he shakes his head. He's so stubborn.

"Are you ready love?" Kellin asks, striding into my room with sunglasses on.

"Yep." I reply, popping the 'p', following him downstairs with my phone in hand and cross-body bag slung tightly over my shoulders, we head outside after locking up the house and hop into Kell's car. He hooks up his iPhone to the stereo, putting his music on shuffle, and to my own amusement, his own band starts playing If You Can't Hang.

I laugh at his embarrassed expression, but also find it cute. After a minute, he starts singing along to his own song, which is literally music to my ears. I look at him in amazment, the twinkle in his eye as he sings is breathtaking.

He looks over at me with an amused smile, tilting his head to the side. "What?" A chuckle escapes his lips, making me smile.

"Nothing, you just have a beautiful and sexy voice." He gives me a cheeky grin.

"I know. Ladies love me." I smack his arm before we both burst into fits of laughter. Before I know it we have arrived at the studio and are now walking down the hallway. Once we reach my booth, we walk in to find yet two of my few inspirations sitting on the couch.

Ben Bruce and Danny Worsnop.

"Hello! You must be Maria. I'm Ben, Ben Bruce." Instead of shaking my hand, he kisses my cheek, which is now burning. Okay, what in the actual fuck.

"Sorry about him. I try to contain him but he's just too much of a fucking idiot to realize that not everyone is single like himself. I'm Danny." Danny shakes my hand, his little speech sending me into a fit of laughter.

"I'm Maria." I give him a smile before sitting on Kellin's lap. "We should probably get started."

"Yeah, I agree." Ben cheekily replies, sending a wink my way. Kellin's grip on my thigh tightens when he notices Ben's behavior. I give him a reassuring smile before Danny speaks.

"Well, Ben said earlier that he already has a song that he wants to record with you, and I will leave you guys alone because Kellin, my darling, I need to talk to you about something so we can let them two work." Danny starts standing up.

"Are you going to be okay?" I nod, kissing Kellin's cheek. "I will be back later. Be careful please." Kellin whispers into my ear before getting up, joining Danny outside, leaving Ben and I alone.

"What song do you have in mind?"

"Someone, Somewhere. My acoustic version. Does that sound okay?" Ben asks while grabbing his guitar. I nod, following him into the booth after flipping the recording switch on. I sit onto the un-used stool next to Ben, and he starts strumming the first few chords.