Chapter Twenty-Four From Servant Hall To Royal Food Preparation

Size is the first thing you notice about a room, then what's in it. The large door opened up to a large room, a large kitchen. Very high ceilings and spread out walls. Long glorious counters attached to the walls as one and was covered in pots, pans, dishrags, large chunks of meat and vegetables on cutting boards. Such a fabulous kitchen I thought (because I like to cook) It looked like a mansion that's only one room. A quarter of the room was barrels and crates, multiple thick islands placed down the middle of the whole room. Everywhere was full of light colors just like the halls.

"Well how about that." I said staring off into space and the large delicious pieces of mesmerizing meat.

"hehehe." Annori choked back a laugh.

"What?" Hotaru grumbled.

~CLANK-CREAK~ the quick sound of hinges squeaked. We all jerked our heads and saw the door behind us re-opening. We stood in front of the door and watched it slowly opening. A head appeared from the crack. Crap a person! We both gasped and I stood there waiting for the worst to happen when we get caught. Hotaru grabbed my hand and dashed pulling me along behind. He pulled me as far as we could get before the door started to open completely. He pulled me forward ahead of him and pushed me against the wall behind a stack of crates piled up in a small corner. He pushed me hard and made me fall on my butt with my back against the wall. Hotaru grabbed my shoulders and pushed me as far as I could in the tight corner. He jumped down in front of me on his knees and clamped his arms around my shoulders and head covering me.I tried to look up from his chest where he pushing me against. Hotaru had his old serous look staring at the entrance doors, squeezing me closer.

~CLANK-CHOP-CHOP-CHOP~ the sound of a cutting board could be heard around the whole room. Hotaru leaned back and peeped out the corner of the crates. I pushed my way under him and popped my head out behind the crate right under his head. He rested his hand on my head and tugged a little back hiding me more but still could see.

Our eyes followed the sound of chopping and lead to man in white apron and suit with his sleeves rolled up and chopping vegetables on a cutting board that's on the counter.

"Is he a chief?" I looked up and whispered to Hotaru's chin.

"I don't know," He whispered down to me. "We have to get out of here!" he tugged me back and examined the room carefully. The man was faced towards the wall across the room so he couldn't see us unless he came over and searched. Hotaru calmly studied the wall we were next too. Hotaru grabbed and squeezed my hand pulling himself crouching behind the crates with my hand in his.

He yanked me up off the floor while trying to keep me covered by the crates. He turned around with his arm behind him so his hand will still be in mine. He keep his eye on the man with his eyes on chopping. Hotaru's hand is big and covers my whole hand, It making me feel safe. I don't want it to let go.

Hotaru pulled me again and ran so quietly that his steps made no sound and me trying to mimic his. He tried to stay behind crates, barrels and islands to keep hidden. "Hahaha" Annori snickered. We forgot she was on his back. We both watched her laugh "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Annori screeched as loud as she could and it sounded like a Cawahuaha being thrown off a cliff.

The man jerked up from his station. Annori screamed more. She's going to blow our cover! I jumped up from behind the crate quickly and grabbed pots and pans and threw them across the room next to the man, hit other pots next to him and fell all over the floor. Going out in loud crashes that drowned out Annori's screams. I quickly ducked back down next to Hotaru who was pretending to strangle me for behaving so hastily. The sound of pots clashing started to settle, Annori still screamed, I grabbed her mouth and dug my nails into her cheeks that started to pull the skin off where I held with my nails.