Chapter Thirty-One Where Next?

"Hey partner where next?" I asked Ami. Walking with Ami attached to my back with her arms wrapped around my neck and her head resting on top of mine.

"That way!" she said pointing at two doors on the side of the wall. Pushing open the doors and getting hit with a cool air and fresh atmosphere. A huge glossy ball room, with huge sharp droopy chandelier, and Greek-like columns placed around the room.

"A ball room?"

"Yup! me and the guards play in here all the time!"

"And this leads out of the castle?"

"It's one way but this is the only way I know."

Each step had a tap from the plastic soul on my shoe against the granite ball room floor. There was three floors just inside the room, with railings around each layer. Red accenting the room, railings and large carpets. Scattered on one of the carpets was a little scale model castle and kingdom, with little dolls that were in side stands and houses.

"Is that the kingdom?" I pointed at the dollhouse
"Yeah! I play with it all the time! Ain't it cool?!" Ami jumped out of my sling and ran over and opened the side of the castle. She grabbed four dolls and presented them. All of them where wooden figures of the Royals. I crouched down next to her on the carpet and plucked a doll out of her hand. It was of Lex, with a big painted smirk on his face, it was a remarkable resemblance.

"Did you buy these?" the craftsmanship was amazing.

"No there handmade!"

"You made them?" I put down the lex doll and picked the next one out of her hands and it was Nalol.

"No Nalol did!"

Those words shot at me. I squeezed the figure. It's purple eyes stared at me like the real person. "Ryan?" Ami tugged at my shirt. I stiff as a stick I glanced over at Ami.

"Ami," I whispered "Take the doll and burn it." Ami looked at me weird and turned her head.

"Why?" she asked concerned.

"Shhh," I pushed my finger against my lips "Listen to me Ami, take the doll and burn it." I covered the doll's head with my hand.

"But that's my doll! She's a part of the kingdom! I couldn't do that!" she squeaked and grabbed the doll from me.

"shit" I whispered frantically. I grabbed the doll from her small hands.

"HEY!" Ami cried.

"Ami! Listen to me-" Before I even finished my sentence to Ami, I quickly whipped around and threw the doll all the way across the ballroom. Ami hissed. She tried to run after it but I grabbed her and threw her over my shoulder.

"HEY! RYAN STOP! YOU MEANIE! I SHOULDN'T HAVE TRUSTED YOU!" she kicked. I ran being punched and kicked with little hands and feet. I was trying to restrain her as I ran. There was a steep staircase that led to the next floor. Reaching the last step -BOOM!- a explosion blew up and destroyed the first floor. I fell grabbing Ami's back onto the next floor's floor.

As the dust simmered down I hastily crawled off the stairs and sat in the middle of the path covering Ami's head so she wouldn't breath the dust. "Ami we're partners remember, I said I would protect you. Still trust me?" Ami nodded in my shoulder. The air was clear and you can clearly see the ballroom floor crumbled in mounts of granite.

"How'd know?" Ami taking in a breath that wasn't covered up by cloth.

"I just did." I couldn't let Ami know anything. I started to ramble in my head and mumble. I sat Ami down and I paced around thinking.