Chapter Twenty-Five Quaking And Shaking

The crash shook the ground and made me fall to my knees, grabbing the carpet keeping my forehead down. Crumbled of pieces of ceiling and rock fell and popped out of the ground, jumping about a foot up and some hit my back and legs. "~HOTARU!~" I tried to say as loud as I could but the rumbling sounded me out.

"RYAN!" Hotaru's fainted voice shouted but I didn't know from where. ~CRACK!~ A scary thought ran through my head The ceiling?

I forced my head up to the ceiling. A large flat stone came falling down to me. A part of the ceiling is coming! This is the end. I slammed my head to the ground, grabbed it trembling keeping my eyes closed.

What's that? Hotaru's hand? It's so tightly hugging my abdomen. I can feel his large legs crushing down on my feet, with his pelvis bone touching my side. ~CRASH!~ one loud crash and rumbling so loud I grabbed him and squeezed keeping my head down in my other elbow.

A loud ring sung in my ears. Every sound stopped, every ring, crash and creak was quite. "Hotaru? Hotaru? HOTARU!" I screamed and clung to his hand and forearm with my head to the ground.

"RYAN!" Hotaru screamed at me to calm down. I pulled my head up, to see Hotaru ontop of me with his hand up to the ceiling and his body covering me. He pulled me from the ground and turned me over and pulled me sitting next to his legs and him with his arms still around me. I hyperventilated and I grabbed his shoulder. Unless I turned my body I would be able to see him. I had my back against his side with his arm around me.

"What was that?" I huffed with no breath.

"I don't know." his calming voice made my breathing back to normal. I looked at the ground around us. Large broken pieces of old stone was crumbled around in a circle around us. I quickly whipped my head to the ceiling to see a large gaping hole that showed the bright blue sky being tainted and covered by dark black and grey dust.

"I was going to be crushed by the ceiling. Huh?" I looked at the broken stone confused.

"Destroyer powers, like I told you."

"What is that exactly!?"

"It can destroy anything how you want to. If I wanted to break a rock I could form my hand to be able to break it."

"Form?"

"A part of my body can turn into a weapon,tool or just have a destroy spell."

"What do you mean by 'turn'!?" I pushed away from him and turned my body to him to have a face to face conversation. He presented his hand. He flicked his wrist and the bones in his hand moved and poked and prodded under the skin. I choked back a gag. His fingers connected and webbed. His hand grew in size and bones poked out. His hand formed a huge shield with a plain grey color, Metal, and attached to his arm and the color faded back.

"YOUR HAND IS A SHIELD?!"

"This is what I can do. But I can also use different elements in the power too."

"The elements? You mean like Fire and Earth stuff right?"

"Yeah. see." His hand shield turned a translucent light blue dripping little water droplets on ice shield.

"its ice? and Water?" I said.

"El-em-en-ts." He slowly pronounced.

"But this still doesn't explain what happened." I implied.

"I got to you before the piece ceiling fell and smashed it with a spell." He tried to get up but my arms still clung to him so he pried my nails from his arm, got up and turned his hand back to normal,that was also terrifying to see and then casually dusted himself off. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet that still shook.

"What was the crash? Earthquake?"

"Definitely not a Earthquake because this is not Earth. But no matter what we really need to get out of here now."

"How's Annori?" I noticed her limp in the sling once more.

"She got hit with a pebble and flipped out so I knocked her out again so she wouldn't squirm while all this was happening."

We got back to the hall. Damage and debris covered the air and ground. Every couple of steps there would be a stone out of place. A big stone blocked in front of me so I tried to jump on it and jump off but only to fall mid jump and fall on my face while Hotaru just walked around looking at me being an Idiot. Tip toeing around many rocks and parts of walls we both looked at the amazing damage.

"I wonder what that could make all of this damage to a stone castle?"

"Yeah,"

We both wondered what could do so, and I got a bad feeling. I looked up from staring at the ground and rocks and I lit with hope "It's the end of the hall!" I chirped. At the end of the hall was a large framed doorway that had cracks and scratches in the stone frame. The closer we got to the frame the more detail you can see in the scratches.

"What the hell-" I started to say but only to be quickly silenced. ~RUMBLE-RUMBLE!~ the ground shook once more, it felt like a strong aftershock after a Earthquake. "Hotaru!" I yelled scared that the rumbling will turn into another large crashing shake. ~BOOM!~ another explosion could be heard but more faint and less of the shock was near us. I tried to pinpoint where the explosion might be. It seemed to be far but still in the castle. I tried to keep my balance. I grabbed the top of my head to protect it from falling rubble and kept my back hunched. The loud sound stopped but the ground still shook.

I pulled myself up but I refused to put back down my arms so I pulled my hands down harder on my head that pulled my head down. "Ryan!" Hotaru rushed out from behind me and rested his hand on my arm, bent over to look at my face to see if I was okay. The ground went steady and leveled, and we both pulled each other back up straight.

"You aren't good with things like Earthquakes, aren't you?"

"No, I can't deal with stuff like this, when I was younger I went out to play by myself in a cave when we were going around the country and a Earthquake happened and the whole cave caved in and I stayed in there for the rest of the day till I got rescued."

"Well that kinda explains that. But don't worry if this weird crashes keep happening and you get scared just yell for me okay?"

I nodded and he made me feel better. Even though before he hated my guts he is surprisingly caring, unlike his cold appearance.

"Come on let's keep going." I took a breath and approached the frame, and quickly dashed frantically though it, worried that it would collapse looking old like that. And Hotaru just strolled underneath it like nothing.

"PEBBLE!" Annori nearly jumped out of her sling and screamed looking for the pebble? "Where the hell are we! What happened! WHERE'S THE PEBBLE?!" Annori shrieked. We just ignored her also I think the pebble traumatized her.

Through the door frame the hall after it got narrow and more narrow the father we went, which wasn't far. As the hall got narrow the end of the hall could be seen easily. The halls end lifted and formed more stairs that lead up. We both quickly trotted up the wide stairs. We could see the top of the stairs, Bright, it shined on our faces. I jumped through the light, and saw something unexpected.