Chapter Twenty-Seven One Down

A loud screech and echoed through the halls and rang in my ears. We both stopped moving and Annori went quite. Every sound stopped and silenced and you could hear the fast pace of our hearts. ~RWAR!~ Another loud screech stabbed my ears. I couldn't hear anything but echoes. I ran over to the ledge. I grabbed the railing tightly as my hair draped and covered my face. I looked deep down below to see nothing but the horrifying thing my eyes are keeping their gaze on.

Long black skinny arms scratched and pulled on the bricks below with the help of three feet long claws. Crawling fastly up the bricks was a large head of black peeling off skin and deep red beady eyes glaring upwards. Large disarranged daggers for teeth. It's mouth hung open and its jaw swung leaking drool out of its mouth.

It lunged upwards rwaring with a screech. Four arms in the front and back crawled in front of one another. It looked like a spider but huge and a molding zombie combined. It popped off the wall and screeched. It was almost to the top of the bricks where we stood.

I jumped back and started to run mindlessly. ~BAM!~ the whole hall jumped up and made my feet fly up and fall back to the ground. I looked behind my shoulder. A long huge monstrous arm went above the railing and slammed it in the middle of the hall blocking me from Hotaru who I didn't see anywhere.

The hand was longer than the halls path. Long skinny fingers grabbed the railing.~SCREECH!~ it made a loud screech before pulling its body over the railing. It kinda looked like a big lump. With random pieces of ripping black flesh hug off. Its jaw was huge and hung low from the small head. A mouth with large teeth in rows. Huge fat slimy bloody tongue sat and wiggled inside and drool dripped out of its mouth. Its hind legs were just the same as the front arms and bent backwards in the middle like a elbow.

I couldn't breath. The thing was huge compared to my little body and with a weak leg. I pushed myself up and started to run. It didn't see me when I was on the ground. Out of breath I tried to be quite so it didn't see me running.

I quickly realized I'm in trouble and I went into my Devil Identity. Happily I have been able to control when I turn, ever since I got attacked by Maski. A light shined. My hand started to summon something. Before I knew it a little corked up vile was in my hand, filled with a bright orange liquid. I quickly ripped off the cork. I think taking off the cork sets it off. The liquid grew brighter. I swung the vile and threw the liquid out. Mid-air it turned into mist. I quickly ran through the mist and I swung my arms back and glowed.

~SCREECH!~ the thing screeched behind me. I ran faster. I turned my head and tripped on a piece of rubble. I scraped my hand, I could feel it stinging. I lifted up my hand to see if I was bleeding, but couldn't see my hand. I had summoned a potion of transparency. I was invisible. I made a grin and jumped back up and continued to run. I cursed under my breath quickly losing my breath. ~CRASH!~ I didn't have the willpower to turn back to see what happened.

I made it back to staircase.I stopped at the top and turned to see if it was following me or if Hotaru was. Through the small door frame I saw far back was the thing. It turned its crooked head, and lunged itself forward at the door. ~SCREECH!~

I lunged at the door. I summoned a Flail weapon(the spiked ball and chain on a stick thingy) and smashed the sides of the door frame and made it collapse on itself. The rock wall on the other side crumbled and crushed in front of the door. Blocking that exit I slowly backed away from the crushed door, trying to process. I collapsed I stared at the rubble.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" I screamed while sending back the flail. A scary memory stabbed at my brain, the war between Descendants and demon for Earth. The thing that I just saw was a Demon.