chapter twø :: løve seat tears

"Hey could you order some pizza?" Jenna asked as she walked into the kitchen. CJ was sitting at the counter with her laptop.

"Sure," CJ picked up her phone and went to her contact for the pizza place. She ordered so much that she had to make a contact. "Small half and half like always?"

"No," Jenna shook her head. "Make it a large. Tyler is coming over again."

"Wait," CJ set her phone down, wondering if Jenna was actually being serious. "What?"

"My boyfriend. Tyler." Jenna explained slowly.

"Why?"

"Because Tyler is my boyfriend and I would appreciate it if we could spend some time together in my home instead of his."

"No," CJ shook her head. "We aren't having more people coming here. Me and you are enough."

"Relax," Jenna told her. "You're acting like he's moving in."

"He practically is!" CJ argued. "He comes in here and watches our tv and sits on our couch a-and eats our food."

"Yes," Jenna said slowly with a nod. "He's called a guest."

"He's called a change." CJ said back.

"J," Jenna sighed. "I understand it's hard and you can't help it, but you have to try to get over it. You can't live life in this stuffy place with your night lights."

"Then what am I doing right now?"

"Ordering pizza." Jenna pointed at her phone.

CJ sighed and shook her head. "I hope you know this is going on your rent tab."

"How about you get us some soda too?" Jenna ignored her remark.

After CJ was finished on the phone, Jenna began speaking.

"How come you can talk over the phone but not in person?"

"Because," CJ cliched her phone off. "I don't have to worry about somebody judging me for the way I look."

"What about your job? Don't you go video chats?"

"Not anymore," she shook her head. "I applied and said I wasn't able to do video calls. I only do tech messages and sometimes calls."

"Then who do you talk to at night?"

"Myself." CJ replied.

"Why?"

"Because you always yell at me when I try to talk to you at night."

Jenna's phone chimed, so she picked it up and read the message. "That's Tyler. He said he's on his way up."

"That's my queue." CJ grabbed her phone and laptop and headed off to her bedroom. "Save some pizza for me!" She yelled before closing her door.

Not shortly after Tyler arrived, Jenna knocked on CJ's door.

"Come in."

"Hey," Jenna peeked her head in. "Why don't you come out and eat with us?"

CJ immediately shook her head, not wanting to embarrass herself yet again in front of everybody. "Thanks, but no thanks."

"Remember what we walked about?"

"Ugh," CJ whined. "I already called the pizza man. That's enough communication for the day."

"No it's not." Jenna argued.