chapter føur :: get away sticks

"How often are you gonna do this?!" CJ was arguing with Jenna.

"He's my boyfriend!" Jenna defended herself.

"I know," CJ collected her belongings from the coffee table in their living room. She slept out in the living room because for some reason, the heat in her bedroom wasn't working. "I'm fine with him coming over, but you never tell me about it! He's literally on his way up right now and you're just telling me!"

"Oh I'm sorry," Jenna replied. "Maybe I'll tell you everything like how long my pubes get before I shave them o-or what my tit sweat smells like!"

"Fuck you Jenna!" CJ yelled as she walked down the hall. "Fuck you!" She slammed her door, causing a few of her wall decorations to shake.

She threw her stuff on her bed and plugged her lights in, letting out a sigh when she heard Jenna cooing over Tyler.

She laid on her bed on her stomach, pulling Netflix up. She played the first episode of Orange is The New Black for what seemed like the hundredth time. She remembered humming along to the theme song and watching the first few minutes, then she was out.

A few episodes later, she was woken up by a knock on her door.

She paused the show quickly and sat up, wiping drool from her cheek. "C-Come in."

Josh slowly opened the door and peeked his head in, glancing around her room. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," CJ nodded, rubbing her eyes. "Everything okay?" She crossed her legs.

"Um," Josh closed the door behind him. "Not really."

"What happened?" She asked as she shivered. She forgot to put her sweatshirt on before falling asleep.

"Jenna got into Tyler's lap and Tyler started kissing her and then hands were wandering and my eyes didn't wanna see that." Josh told her.

"...And?"

"I don't wanna sit out there while they're about to turn the blue couch white."

"Okay," CJ squeezed her eyes shut. "Too graphic."

"Could I chill in here with you?" Josh asked. "Until they're done with the whole couple lip thing?"

"Sure," CJ nodded. "But it's cold. The heater isn't working."

"That's what blankets are for." Josh said as he sat on the edge of her bed.

CJ walked over to her dresser and opened the top drawer, pulling out a sweatshirt. "See if that'll fit." She tossed it to him.

Josh pulled it over his head, adjusting it at his torso. "This is weird," he said. "I'm usually the one giving away my sweatshirts."

CJ pulled hers on, rubbing her hands together. "I'm usually the one looking for a hideout."

"Here," Josh took her hands into his. "Nobody needs cold hands."

CJ let out a light laugh. "We can definitely chill in here."

"Okay no," Josh smiled as he kept her hands warm. "I make the puns around here."

CJ grinned as she looked down at their hands, letting out a content sigh.

"So," Josh started. "Tell me something."

"Like what?" She responded.

"Anything," Josh said. "Like... what color is your favorite pair of socks?"

CJ glanced around the room as she thought. "I've always had a thing for toe socks."